Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Jet Jaguar posted:

Was about to forward this comic about paying attention to a friend for the last panel.

Completely forgot about the first panel and changed my mind. Perhaps I should change it again.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12132007

"I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
GOF feels like our generation's best attempt at a modern heroic epic

"Why should the Fight get to say how the Fight is won or lost? Become the ruling body, dude!"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I don't know you, yet I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Just to hail one of the classics, “Our every move is the new tradition”

Why should the Fight get to say how the Fight is won or lost?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Onstad just stares at this every day and takes a deep sigh and his drawing arm starts aching again, and not only because he’s preparing a fancy risotto to pair with his craft soda

I ordered some of his craft soda a little while back

it's really good

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Javid posted:

his artisan sodas are pretty good, honestly. just not like "order online" good. but I grab a jug when I pass through portland when I can

they're ridiculously good, I've ordered a bunch during COVID and they're crispy

https://portlandsyrups.com/

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

Van Life Mojito is a perfect thing for a Achewood drink to be called.

that one is extremely high quality too

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

"I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you" is an all-timer

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

It’s hard if not impossible to drop back into something creative that was so familiar and probably seems so foreign now without either doing a substandard job of recreating the old magic, or changing what you’re creating and reshaping it to what your new normal is.

Life ees cruel ... but at least eet is life. At least for a while

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Joe Biden has some definite Ray energy imo

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

Like a lot of serialized media, Achewood has a fairly consistent problem with its endings. The beginnings and middles of arcs are usually very strong in terms of things like story/concept and set/setting but then they just kind of peter out.

how were the tenmen

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Insert here that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen + Achewood mashup with Mr Hyde.

e: found it

insanely good

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=11272006

Not that he will kill them, but that they will die there

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
"I don't know you, yet I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you" will never get much use but it's in my head a lot

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
forgot about this one but "he knows his own punchline and that ruins the joke" is A+

https://achewood.com/index.php?date=10192006

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, I mean yah, that's where he makes his money nowdays, right?

those syrups are p. good ngl

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
holy poo poo that Mr Hyde one is spot on

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/notrevenant/status/1486373774463275013?s=21

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Absolutely perfect.

Ray got in and out at the perfect time, netting him a cool billion dollars, but in both cases he thought he was signing up for and then canceling a massage

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The idea that the rest of the pants are meant to be carried as part of the outfit is also a perfect Achewood joke

At this level the market demands non-linear value

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Ray would get really into cryptocurrency, get annoyed with it, and cash out at the absolute perfect time to make another six hundred million dollars, all without basic awareness of how it works

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
did Achewood predict the peach emoji's current use y/n

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

tripwood posted:

Ray: How do you even get to be king, anyway?
Roast Beef: Just punch hell of suckers in the mouth and tell chicks straight up that you are rough and horny
Ray: That's what the craziest dudes used to get sent to separate high school for!
Roast Beef: Schools are exactly designed to keep dudes from becoming rough and horny
Ray: Now I'm actually wonderin' if I even LIKE kings, man. I'll see you later, I got to take stock.

Ray's not sure where he stands on kings

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Just made it through the Great Outdoor Fight again and man it's a shame Achewood died right before the Battle Royale genre of game became popular, cause the GOF is perfectly structured for one of those

this is exactly the type of idea Ray would toss ten million dollars at and make a billion

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
it was nice to hear the characters' voices again while reading the cookbook. They're still out there in ideaspace, kicking

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
you're like chow mein, man! you're just *not a big deal*

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://achewood.com/index.php?date=08032005 this one is good

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

mutantIke posted:

“I play with this truck!” is one of those beautiful sentences that can be read a million different ways

ray is truly an enlightened being

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://achewood.com/index.php?date=10112005

the hose!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09042007
well, someone involved in that franchise made too much money

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Around December 2007, Onstad is really firing on all cylinders. You've got Nolan from the Internet, Cornelius gets a tattoo, Little Nephew's jeans, Nice Pete and basketball, Ray jumps a motorcycle on his computer, being in trouble is a fake idea -- just banger after banger

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

disaster pastor posted:

The bold ones aren't originally December 2007, he just reposted them Christmas week since he didn't have new comics.

aw aw gosh darnit no wonder

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
he will never be in a band

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Science can take that baby away for a fee

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I just started learning Italian longsword and the manual we use is by this 14th-century knight named Fiore and in all the illustrations in the book he has the "master" portrayed like this:

and I can't help but think of this strip every time I see it

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Pat gets super into an Ethical CryptoCoin (that actually pollutes even more than regular Crypto), Ray starts up a patently ridiculous alternate just to troll him and makes several billion. It also turns out to be a surprisingly effective carbon sink and he is hailed as an environmental hero worldwide.

"oh neat! fifty bucks!"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

Definitely need to know what's up. On the one hand, I want to give the man money. On the other hand, the last time he stopped posting comics then started again when he came back the voices were all wrong and the quality was sad, like fine wine that had gone to vinegar. If we're back on a new bottle and it's quality I'd gladly pay so like let us know, adventurists.

(I'm probably just gonna do it anyhow tbh)

just on the first comic and transcript it seems to be good Achewood quality but small sample size of course

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Patreon's at 1789 subs now, a minimum of about 100k per year for Onstad. hopefully this means he sticks with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Youremother posted:

Onstand relaunching Achewood as a business venture is very interesting, but I guess makes the most sense as a way to stick with it. I have no idea how well his soda syrup venture went, I know the business is still around but I don't know if he's still involved with it. I'm also surprised at how organic the Ray AI sounds, some of the answers are very natural and fully Ray-voiced. I suppose Achewood as a Lifestyle Brand was only the natural progression

the syrup is legit good