Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jerusalem posted:

Marriage isn't a 24 hour/365 day/lifetime party of eternal shining adoration, so someone having a "moment" of reflection on why they got married followed by a demonstration of another "moment" of delight in their marriage should not be looked upon in any way as thunderclouds and doom for the relationship of the little cat, Roast Beef.

Speaking in my capacity as an S.A.D-addled, romantically-awkward computer nerd who married a woman that patiently puts up with far too much neurotic crap from me, Beef's thought process there rings so true it's scary.

Marriage can be great, yes, but after the third or fourth "weren't you even going to OFFER to mop the kitchen argument, you realize it ain't all beer and skittles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

pardon me is this the thread for one of the AV Club's Top Comics of the Last Decade

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

McGravin posted:

It is, or at least it was a page ago when Deathlove posted that same link. However, it's a nice reminder for this page as well.

oh god, how did I miss that

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Uncle Caveman posted:

Isn't Ray orange? I've never known an orange male cat to be anything but totally relaxed and cool with whatever situation he was in.

Orange fur is to cats what slanty eyes are to Downs kids.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Chris Onstad posted:

I just wish she'd started the soup with a ham hock.

trouble brewing :tinfoil:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Gomi posted:

You know you can defend the many areas in which the US is superior but I can't back you on calling a date order where the time periods are in order by size, instead of month THEN day THEN year, 'backward'. It's like a clock that reads 54:03pm and then the seconds. It is dumb as hell.

Actually sorry but both date systems are beyond fuckin' lame. YYYY-MM-DD 4 lyfe

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Its just hungry. Cats are assholes.

I have a weak spot for dogs. Seeing Scrambles get pissed on by Todd saddens me. Hes lonely and confused, and this squirrel is being rude.

And then he disappears for 8 years. He probably got stuck under the porch and is a skeleton now.

I prefer to think some teenagers peeled out on him five minutes later.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

EndOfTheWorld posted:

And THAT is the Saddest Thing.

not gonna lie, "Dust in the Wind" started playing from an unseen boombox as I read this.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

panel four oh god panel four

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Adhesion posted:

Says the man who settles differences over a bottle of Mad Dog. Own up to your love of cheap fortified wine, mister :colbert:

I once drank Mad Dog with this dude. Good enough guy but...put it this way, we once had a Bring Your Own Steak cookout, and he showed up with a cow tongue, insisting it was too a steak. He also once showed up at this other dude I know's house...before going to bed he had locked and double checked every single door and window. He went to sleep, and four hours later, the Mad Dog dude was shaking him awake and asking if he had anything to eat. When asked how the hell he got in the house, he reacted with a genuinely confused "what?". He hosed things up in ways that defied the very laws of physics.

Anyway, that's the sort of dude that will split a bottle of MD 20/20 with you.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

robot roll call posted:

Achewood has featured a lot of peeling out vans over the years.

Chris, do you have a secret desire to peel out a van?

it is what separates us from lower animals

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'm not sure if I laughed harder at the idea of FBI techs discovering poop-dna in the grass/soil or the fact that all this led to the revelation of an illegal chinchilla mill.

grass with a turd in it ain't exactly five-o-clock news, Mayner

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Happy Hippo posted:

The second Achewood hardcover starts with The Party because Onstad says that's where the strip found its legs. All strips prior to that arc are included as bonus material.

I do not recall this one appearing, why is that Mr. Onstad :colbert:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Usually this is the first arc I show to new readers.

I just realized it's Jaime the Science Friend. For the last four years I thought it was Jaime the Science Fiend. I....I'm a little disappointed.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Expiration Date posted:

In the south, you don't go anywhere but Waffle House. There's Dennys and Steak n Shake there too, but honestly if you're going anywhere at 3AM that isn't Waffle House, you're clearly not drunk enough. If you're a dapper sort you end up at a Perkins I guess. But that's for fancy people.

Unless your small North Carolina town is without a Waffle House; then you must choose between Hardee's (the original Monster burger was the best drunk food of all time), or...Huddle House. Huddle House people. A terrible place to be hammered, as you spend your entire meal wondering what circumstances would lead a 75-year-old woman to be serving coffee at 3:30am at a place that sees the occasional shootout.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

LegoMan posted:

Old Denny's Patron getting blown by naked bloody Teodor doesn't seem like a happy High School memory thing to be dreamed up.

Hey, just because YOUR high school was dull...

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

poor and weird posted:

I'm saying it's not very good drama, either. It's just in poor taste.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

glug posted:

(i'm no good at these photo shoppes)

photoshop you say

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I don't care what happens, I just treasure the fact that Achewood is a celebration of the English language people.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

McGravin posted:

Whether or not he has a peter in his mouth, I can't imagine it is cold. In fact, if anything I would imagine T hot has a peter in his mouth.

Depends on what Nice Pete's been up to off-frame

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Manwithastick posted:

I've never understood how RSS works, can you explain it to me :(

Remember when Windows 98 came out and every media outlet was like "WOW, PUSH TECHNOLOGY WILL BE THE GREATEST, WE JUST PUSH INFORMATION ONTO YOUR SCREEN IT IS SO RAD!!! SURE IT WILL BOG DOWN YOUR 28.8 MODEM TO A STANDSTILL BUT WHO CARES!" and it was a complete and total flop? It's exactly like that, only not a flop

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Cobweb Heart posted:

Someone always brings this up whenever anyone mentions it here. Citizen Kane is important because of its advances in cinematography, not because of its story. Nowadays you wouldn't notice the nice touches because they're common now.

This is exactly the reason I was bored with Blade Runner.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Téodor might possibly be more bummed than you soon.

he's been in that van since May 9th, how much more bummed can he get

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Doc Faustus posted:

Who ate Ray's dang nachos?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Achewood Thread 13: Todd ate Ray's dang nachos COME ON PEOPLE WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS ALREADY

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Howard Beale posted:

Don't worry, Bill Murray.

you're a dick for getting this stuck in my head you jerk

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

McGravin posted:

Ha ha, spousal abuse! Let's make more hilarious jokes! What's next, rape? Chris Onstad is raping us by not giving us webcomics!

It was a loving terrible joke, and nobody should be making it.

you caught your wife loving the mailman
you threw her down a flight off stairs
your son came home with 4 d's and an f
you kicked him in the balls and in the face

if i was a cop, called to your house
i'd congratulate you for beating your spouse
i'd shake your hand for beating your son
if he was my son, i'd take out my gun

domestic violence is really really really funny

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

New strip and my copy of Volume 3 arrive the same day. Coincidence? Probably.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

bloodychill posted:

edit: And as someone with "brain problem," I can appreciate Onstad's position and can give him a break for not updating while he deals with it.

I myself accidentally missed my Zoloft dose three days in a row. I think I know what it feels like to be Roast Beef now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

choobs posted:

Onstad posted another one of his little sketchbooks on the fanflow today with this little note:

Well that explains it; he's been in a hotel room next door to John Goodman

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Erebus posted:

Maybe he should wrap up the high school van storyline with Nice Pete repeatedly screaming I WILL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND

LOOK UPON MEEEEEEEE

Nice Pete does seem like the sort of fella that would give a guy a mysterious box and tell you to look after it for him.

Also I will never understand why more people don't know about the most awesome scene of John Goodman's career.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Get some culture you mooks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKm-_VyNVoM

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Schroedinger's Rad Chiles

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

In terms of alt-text, I think my two favorites are,"Man Philippe really hosed up this time, Cornellius HATES rap music," and,"You can do whatever you want in life."

The latter accompanies one of my :nws: favorite one-off strips ever :nws:

This is one Achewoodism that has made it into my everyday life. Just the other day:

<MyWife> Hey, can I change shirts real quick before we leave?
<Me> You can do whatever you want in life.
<MyWife> :jerkbag:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

LordSaturn posted:

My favorite alt-text will always be, "You can do whatever you want in life."

This is something I've been saying to people for months whenever they ask an asinine or inconsequential question. It's either this or "yep, that's whatever you're talking about for ya." I'm neither proud nor ashamed.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Dominion posted:

For the love of god please don't start a rape discussion in the loving Achewood thread. There's like 12 threads in D&D you can have that discussion in.

All bears are homosexual until they are raped by a man

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

So how many weeks need to pass without update before we declare this yet another false start?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

If Onstad is referring to what I think he is, Busted papers are basically weekly publications that are nothing but mugshots for everyone arrested in a city or small area. They're sold in gas stations for one dollar, and they are absolutely hilarious.

The covers alone rule. One of our local ones would show the charge under the mugshots on the cover and it broke down as follows: MURDER / 2ND DEGREE RAPE / ARMED ROBBERY / GRAND LARCENY / FISHING WITHOUT A LICENSE

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Technique posted:

I actually liked this one! Hopefully we won't be seeing any more Zany Artsy Plotlines for a while, because i can barely remember the last time there was a Funny Thing in the comic.

what kind of man has his priorities so screwed up he can't enjoy a little Laser Sex Math

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

tehloki posted:

Who the hell is Roy

Roy is STOKED Missus S!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

"You can do whatever you want to in life" and "I got the chessboard out and you over there playin' whack-a-mole" appear far too often in my every day conversation.