Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I like it better, too. The last one just confused me when I first started reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Yeah, for me the ten bucks or whatever isn't worth the hassle of sitting around on hold trying to sort poo poo out (plus isn't there a time limit on how long after the purchase you can do that?), but it's still hosed up that I paid and never got anything. I'm not weeping over my keyboard or anything, it just kinda sucks.

Whether Onstad continues writing comics or drops them for prose or whatever he wants to do, I'll keep reading since I enjoy what he puts out whenever he gets around to putting it out, but I'm a lot more wary of purchasing merchandise in support of his projects when it's a crapshoot as to whether I actually get them. If nothing else, I'm certainly not buying anything that's not through Amazon.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Darth Windu posted:

Y'all know this is highly illegal, right? If I had plat I'd report your asses.

Know what else is illegal? Selling people a Product and then never actually giving them the Product that they paid for. I'm not trying to defend everyone with the excuse that "he started it," but it is pretty ironic that you're jumping to his defense when someone wants to "steal" from him.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

That's basically what happened, yeah. It was only like 12 bucks, so it's not like any of us were out vast fortunes, but after something like two years of waiting for the second cookbook and continually hearing, "Hey, it's almost done!" all references to it got removed from the website (along with other merch stuff, so not the cookbook specifically) and all things Achewood started to slow to the trickle we know today.

Of course, nobody knew about the divorce thing then and he wasn't talking about it, so there was some heavy backlash because the whole thing seemed pretty shady. Onstad even stopped posting here, which is understandable but certainly didn't help at all.

I just wish there were more Dark Horse volumes. There is nothing not good about those except that there are only three.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

we are all the guy who sucks

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

j/k its just soda

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

does anyone remember the strip where ray says something like "always make sure authority is actual"? i can't find it with ohnorobot and i don't know if it's because it wasn't indexed or i'm remembering the quote completely incorrectly but neither authority nor actual give me anything

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

cereal, cigarettes, and dog turds didn't get me anything, but searching factual got me this which has the delightful phrase "My day is a legal crime made factual by my celebration of your surfaces" so thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

oh my god, thank you! i have been searching for so long i forgot why i was even looking