Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I'm pretty sure i'm teodor on good days.

On bad, roast beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I'll toss this in the ring for one of my favorite strips.

Edit: poo poo, wait, this one too.

Dammit Onstad, just let me buy every single strip a la The Calvin and Hobbs Complete Collection. Just put the alt text at the bottom of the page, you don't have to say anything.

In other news, today's strip written and directed by Ray.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 28, 2013

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

God I love that shirt. If he would have offered that shirt in the store, I would have bought it.

What is it with small media, especially webcomics, not offering anything that people actually want to buy?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

SoupyTwist posted:

Also here's a strip being misogynistic, but then again, it's Nice Pete.

Yeah, but since Nice Pete is a sociopathic murderer, I doubt any of his qualities or opinions are espoused by Onstad. In fact, if Nice Pete is doing any given thing, it's a good bet that you probably shouldn't be agreeing with it.

ie: That strip is telling you not to be a misogynist. Also to not be in a band because they can cause much trouble.

VV Obviously

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 5, 2013

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

I just sort of assumed she realized she was internet-dating a talking teddy bear and cut contact. I mean we have all been there.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Py-O-My posted:

He's already pulled the Fuckin' mousepad.

Son of a Bitch. I really need to own that picture in some form or another.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

It would seem to me that the comic previous is where he stopped- who knows how long it had been sitting on his hard drive. This seems fresh out of the oven though.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Teodor needs to make himself reek like the veteran trash-pickers or they'll cast him out or something. The "got stripes" line is the only bit that threw me - maybe it alludes to a zebra trying to blend in with horses or something?

I think it's more of a military experience turn of phrase. The stripes being an indicator of rank.

Now, "A sherlock picker with a singin' hot amygdalae sensin' name brand gold in the mountains of ring-around-the-collar and shat-up onesies" is a hell of a sentance to parse out.

To translate- A talented gatherer with severe emotional instabilities who is good and finding valuables amongst worthless and disgusting items.

I actually had to look up what a amygdalae was! Roast Beef has hella brain anatomy chops. Which makes sense- he probably got it doing research about his depression.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 6, 2013

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Onstad dies in his sleep in old age and takes his creations down with him like a pharaoh.

Cut it out, Jerusalem! That's not true! SHUT...UP!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Are you both trying to be funny and failing miserably, or do you legitimately think these things? Either way, please stop. This is not the CAD thread part 2, stop acting like it is.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

It got old three years ago.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

It's a love letter to acceptance and resignation.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

KC Green drew this thing.

Presented without comment.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Mods please change my name to haircuts and handjobs.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

I always thought Todd sounded like this Rat...guy thing.

http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/drawing-cartoon-8/

God.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

So a typical Achewood reader then.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Yeah, spill it!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Even better if it was scrawled in his blood, right? No forgiveness until every drop of snide mockery is wrung from Onstad's cold dead corpse, carbonated, and sold in the pacific northwest. YOOL 2015 and loss.jpg is old-hat but somehow plugging away at the cookbook 2 meter still does it for you?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

will "SNIDE MOCKERY" fit onto a 5 inch canvas square or no

Yeah I think it might.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

gently caress...you?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Some days the best thing Roast Beef can say about life is it's a free pair of teeth.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope this continues

Do not sour the mood with hope- just ride the wave for as long as it lasts.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Yeah RIP

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Sorry this has gotta be my fave.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07132004

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Well I sure am glad we got the "is this a real achewood comic" down pat. How on earth could I enjoy it without knowing?

Also Teodor is a total slut, we all know this.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

A fine Achewood vintage- not as subtle and earthy as i'm used to, but well seasoned nonetheless. Bruno was the baddest pit bull in the yard. He wasn't clipped, so he looked like a brown watermelon with nuts. Did the chick dogs want him? Yeah, they wanted him. But he had some Achewood to taste. Expensive-rear end Achewood from the Washington steppes. Bruno paused. He turned a little and looked at his nuts in the mirror. "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

This child could never process your salt game.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

It was never about the cookbook- it was about having a moral high ground to eternally bitch and troll from.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

I think it's the perfect Batman for our current age of online Dork Knights, doling out justice under cover of net, one Tweet at a time. Our online space contains multitudes of Crime Alleys, all filled with villains stealing cookbook money, liking video games the wrong way and callously misgendering.

Does anyone want to start a music band with me called Callously Misgendering? I will be the singer.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

gently caress a cookbook, I want the rest of the drat series in the form of Dark Horse hardcovers

Yes this.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Tastes like ill gotten cookbook lucre.

And divorce.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 13, 2016

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end please man don't do this

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

prefect posted:

I never should have looked at the cartoon right before that one. :smithicide:

The one right after it makes me severely uncomfortable- it hit much too close to home and actually changed the way I think, just a little bit.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Achewood, you are rad!

You... are... rad!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

New comic- and once again the alt text knocks it out of the park.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Your personal avatar and text continue this theme of dick inclusion.

Dick Inclusion. P.I.

Mods please change my name to Dick Inclusion. P.I.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Oh hey, I know that middle cat.

Not Ray- not Pat.

(the one on the left is Ray)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Oh my god gently caress you Pat.