Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just wanna say that this port was what drove me to jump ship from Firefox, really like it right now in it's infancy, hopefully the Mouse Gestures can be implemented soon. One feature I liked from the FF version was that the Replies notch on forums would be highlighted Yellow if you posted on that thread. Any easy way to implement this?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

probably a little ridiculous to suggest, but for the quick reply issue, would it be possible for it to embed a dialog box/mini reply box at the bottom of the page rather than a pop up?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

any word on when these features might get implemented?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just jumped back on Chrome after using firefox for a few months, and I really like the improvements made to this version of SALR. Only question is, how do i enable it so that threads that i have posted in have a specialized coloring in the replies box, much like the firefox version? Also, is there anyway to make clicking links in the drop down menu from the omnibar open in the same page rather than new tabs?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jul 28, 2010

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Really loving the updates to SALR and the Preview thing just makes it so much better.

Would it be possible to add something like this? IE the Replies notch being colored if you had posted in that thread before.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 4, 2010

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Also don't know if this is troubleshooting or whatever, but thread highlighting doesn't seem to work in the user CP.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

This is the second time I've seen this mentioned, but highlighting seems to work just fine for me in the CP.

Not workin for me at all.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ferg posted:

Open up the javascript console and check for any errors on the page.

I have no idea how to do this at all :saddowns:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sneaking Mission posted:

When you're on the User CP page, press ctrl+shift+J and refresh the page. Any errors should show up in the bottom pane.

If nothing shows up, can you click on the grenade on your SALR options page and copy everything on the new page onto pastebin?

no errors were listed so here's the pastebin

http://pastebin.com/VskhBXJz

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sneaking Mission posted:

Your settings look fine, but now I'm pretty sure that you have "Colorize threads according to the bookmark category I've assigned" enabled in your forums preferences. Since you have your stars turned off, you can probably turn off that settings and the thread highlighting should work.

Sent in code which detects this setting combination and handles it properly.

That did it, thanks a ton!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quick Edit isn't working at all for me and I don't see an option for it in Configure SALR.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ferg posted:

Are you up to date? Make sure you're running 1.1.1 (and that you have quick reply enabled).

Doesn't chrome auto-update these things? Quick reply and quote work fine, is there a way to force a check for updates?

Never mind, works now.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 10, 2010

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Relentless posted:

What does the "Fix forums cancer posts" do?

stops their posts from being grayed out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ferg posted:

Now that there's context menu support for Chrome extensions it's probably a good time to refactor how the jump list works anyways. Before, getting it to work identically to Firefox wasn't possible.

Left clicking on the jump menu making links open in the same tab would be pretty awesome :goleft:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Manky posted:

When Ferg saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Coloring of threads in forums so you know which ones you've posted in before :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

postcount highlighting doesn't seem to be working for me. I have it enabled and posted to test it, just not working.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cancer posts aren't automatically fixed anymore.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cancer seems to be fixed now, maybe SALR was just acting up when i posted that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Manky posted:

Woo, latest dev channel update fixes everything.

except for highlighting which threads you've previously posted in.

• Locked thread