Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Using this on the latest Dev build, jumping to the latest post seems broken.

Also can you post this to the new Chrome extensions site?

Thanks for the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

SALR just got updated, any chance you could put some of the changes into this extension? Thanks for your work.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Any changes in particular? I need to get off my rear end and roll out an update one of these days.

They fixed thread filtering, which is what I appreciated most.

Also if you can add keyboard navigation that would rule.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 22, 2010

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Any word on getting keyboard navigation in this? Only thing keeping me on Firefox still.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is keyboard navigation coming at all? I really miss it from the firefox version. Thanks for the work ferg :)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can we expect parity with the firefox SALR extension? Keyboard navigation and the newer youtube enhancements are really nice.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg can you make it so when you click the last read post icon while in the thread it reloads the thread and goes to the most recent unread post?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Not sure what you're asking for...are you asking for it to re-center the page when the page is done loading? Because that is already available as an option.

No I mean I would like how it works in the firefox salr. For instance if I am in a thread already, and I know the thread has new posts, I can click the down arrrow and it will reload the thread with latest posts. Does this make sense?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg will advanced thread filtering be making its way into the extension?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

:cheers:

Can you describe the feature? Not familiar with it.

It lets you hide threads based on tags. It's nice in forums like SAS where you can hide threads based on different sports.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Isn't this built into the forums though? I'm just not sure how you want it integrated with the extension.
No, its built into the Firefox SALR, thats why I am so used to it. You would have one happy user if you put it in!

e: found a post about it since I am not explaining it right.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=336063072

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Cool cool, thanks. I'll load up the Firefox extension and give it a look. It can be done though. Post it on Uservoice if you haven't already. Best way to make sure it won't get forgotten.

I posted on uservoice, hope I did it right. It would be a good addition I think :cheers:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg would you be willing to add a dark style to the forums? I know you can change it via userstyles.org, but I don't like any of them on there.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Meh? Like a whole revamp to the forums color scheme?

Something like this:

http://userstyles.org/styles/25252

But without the font changes and other stuff.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah its for if you are already in a thread. If you know the thread has gotten replies, you can click the down arrow, and it will refresh the thread and go to the first unread post.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Would there be a way to make youtube embedded videos auto-choose the highest quality version?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does this:

happen to anyone else? Running stable 8 windows here.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Highlighting of my posts doesn't work anymore :(

I tried to disable the option and re enable it

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Working fine for me in Linux/Chrome 9, can you give a screenshot of your settings?

Is there a way to reset the extension or something?
Click here to view the full image

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Sneaking Mission posted:

You need to visit your User Control Panel or set your username in the very top of the SALR options page.

:doh: Thanks that was it! Awesome extension dudes.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Chrome canary updated today, now this is happening, it happens on the quick reply box also.

Thread highlighting is broken also

kri kri fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 8, 2011

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can embedded videos be made to force the highest quality?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I just voted for advanced thread filtering again. Since Firefox SALR has this feature, would it be possible to bring this I would love it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

I'll take a look, might be a pretty simple thing to add.

Any timeframe on this ferg? :pray:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Would it be possible to add in support for Youtube HD links? I noticed someone had a widescreen video emebedded, but I didn't remember to look at the code.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thanks for the updated Ferg you rock. Do you or anyone else know how to make youtube videos embed in the widescreen HD format? I saw someone do it but I can't find the post now. If anyone finds this could you add it to salr?

Clicking on thread icons doesn't work anymore. Chrome stable here.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 20, 2011

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

There's so few users of that extension I was actually waiting to see if anybody asked. Yeah, it can be made an option.

Could you make the quick reply features (smilies, formatting, images) pop up from the top? Whenever I pop them to the side they always get cut off, and I don't like having the browser window any bigger horizontally.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

That's a bit tricky since the top is reserved for the live preview. I can try playing around with the width of the quick reply though.

I never noticed live preview :downsgun:

Maybe move the whole quick reply over to the left?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah I think something is hosed up I get the same.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Just enable image-to-links for read posts only. Is this what people were looking for?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jumping to the last unread post is a bit buggy as of late. I noticed it after I started using the fancy forums extension here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ohlohgldhcaajjhadleledokhlpgamjm

But I don't think that involves anything like what I am seeing. Chrome stable here on Windows.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Zeph posted:

I wanted the ability to turn off avatars while I browse at work, so I added that. Actually, I added the ability to turn off just the images in avatars, or the whole thing, so you can have text-only or nothing.

Anyway, I pushed it to Fergs github. I know this thread hasn't been too active, but I just wanted to put it here in case anyone else wants that feature.

This is awesome, thanks for this. Now if we can get youtube HD embedding I will be happy!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I wish more people worked on this, I really would like to be able to embed youtube videos as HD but Ferg is too busy with Awful I guess.

I would also like to be able to ignore tags like the Firefox version does.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

It doesn't for me. I'll poke a bit and see what I can find, I was hacking on stuff tonight anyways.

Any word on this?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

No updates for a while :(

kri kri fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 14, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can you add an option to disable thread tags option like the salr for firefox has/had?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to disable the single post linking button? It makes the date use an extra line.

Thanks for the work appreciate it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Master_Odin posted:

Added setting for it in 2.0.0. Thanks for the suggestion!

This is from way back and I think you posted about it but could we get the ability to ignore thread tags like the Firefox version of salr has?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yes I mean you can control-click on the thread tags when you expand the view and it adds them to an "ignored thread tags" view. For instance in games you can ignore all threads with Wii thread tags, etc.

e: this is what I mean:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=336063072

quote:

Advanced Thread Filtering
This feature replaces the current "Filter icons" interface built into the thread listings pages. The way it works is pretty self explanatory once you look at it. Ctrl click on an icon to ignore it, any kind of click on an ignored icon will unignore it. Enter any number of strings separated with pipe "|" characters into the "Ignored keywords" box and hit "Save" to filter out any threads with those strings in their titles. Delete everything in the box and hit "Save" to clear keyword filtering. Thread visibility is updated actively, no need to refresh. Note: the "Reset" link above the unignored icons only resets the "Show only this icon"-type filtering, not the rest of the options.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone know of a way to sync user notes between computers?

• Locked thread