Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
So with the new top buttons, this happens with the page navigator for SALR:

Perhaps hide the button in the lower right corner? (I modified \js\salr.js to have:
code:
jQuery('div.jump_top.right').css("right","-100px");
in:
code:
SALR.prototype.updateStyling = function() {
Trying display: none won't really work so I guess "hiding" it is better?

Another possibility would be to move the navigator over I guess, but if the Firefox thread is any indication, I think people would prefer the location of the navigator and get rid of UP button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Aatrek posted:

I like my buttons :(
Submitted pull request that fixes the issue.

ferg used append instead of prepend in salr.js on line 322.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Vykk.Draygo posted:

On single page threads, the dropdown menu on the page navigator is blank (I think it used to just say "1") and all the buttons look clickable even though there are no other pages to navigate to. Not a huge deal, but it keeps messing with me because I look at those buttons to tell if I'm on the last page of a thread or not.
Submitted pull request that fixes it for me. SA doesn't populate the div that SALR pulls from for the page count if there's only one page, so it just returns blank for a number.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm on v1.5.5 and mine looks like this on single page threads.

Just uninstalled and re-installed the chrome extension from the store, I get this error as well.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

wormil posted:

Is the imgur doohickey still broke for everyone or is it just me?
Doesn't seem to work for me either.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
With school projects wrapping up, I'll try and do some work on this as it's a really useful addon.

I'll push out an update that'll at least address the single page thread count being blank on the weekend as well as look at the open updated thread thing that was reported last weekend.

Rohaq posted:

Anybody else getting their SA tabs freezing and failing to respond when SALR is enabled?
I'm not seeing this at all?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

pik_d posted:

I'm having a problem where k/h for previous page aren't working. I'm not actually sure if they ever worked, since I don't use them that often, but all of the other keyboard shortcuts work fine except for them. Is anyone else having this issue?
Looking at the code for it (to fix the b key for Open Updated Threads), I can confirm this one.

The actual text button for Open Updated Threads does work though, and it just requires moving the code out of salr.js to the bottom of hotkey-manager.js, as well as adding a conditional for if(curr_page == 'usercp.php') within the switch(event.keyCode) code.

A fix is forthcoming as I take over development of SALR in the next couple days.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
:siren:SomethingAwful Last Read Redux Released:siren:

So this is the first release of my continued support of the extension and it contains the recent pull requests submitted by myself to fix the single page display error as well as retina image fixes. Keyboard support fixes will be forthcoming as I regain internet at my home tomorrow.

Continue using this thread and what have you for all bugs that you encounter. Ferg should be updating the links in the OP to my github fork for anybody that wants to help develop and what have you.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Athenry posted:

My buttons are doing this again with 1.5.6:

I thought there was an easy settings fix, but I couldn't find it in the thread.
For some reason, it looks like a bit of code within the 1.5.5 extension wasn't uploaded to the github. Updated both places where the code was different and would relate to this issue and it seems to work as expected. Expect this as well an update to fix the "b" key working in opening updated threads in user.php as well as bookmarkthreads.php shortly.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
V1.5.7 RELEASED

Changelog posted:

• Regression fixes (settings page and custom icons broke on change-over)
  • Fix keyboard shortcut 'b' for Opening Updated Threads in Bookmark thread

There may be some regressions on the settings page, but at the moment, the most grevious one (the broken custom icons) was fixed, as well as an update to fix the Open Updated Threads keyboard shortcut (by default hitting b twice on Usercp.php/bookmarkthreads.php).

On the list of things to do in order of importance:
- Fix other keyboard shortcuts (back a page for example)
- Omnibar Grenade Link (I vaguely remember it so if a goon would explain what exactly it did I'd appreciate it)
- Open Updated Threads was a button? (again, I never used this feature so an exact explanation of what they'd like it to be would be appreciated as it's currently just a text link on the bookmark thread pages)
- Friend post highlighting broken
- Hide threads option (using bookmark star) in settings is broken
- Update settings page to not have different color/style than forums
- Look into if I can reproduce tabs freezing while using SALR

Let me know if I'm missing an issue here.

e: added couple stuff to the to-do list

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 11, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Cartesian_Duelist posted:

Is it possible to have a "Hide" button for threads?
I'm guessing you want something like where if you go to the SHSC forum, you hide Rules thread, so it doesn't appear. I'm guessing that was the purpose of (in the settings):
Ignore bookmarks with a <star>

Which seems to be broken (as well as out-of-date as there's no more blue star?) though so I guess that's a thing that needs fixing.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It opened a drop-down menu with links to all the forums/subforums.

And it should be on the top of the things to do list. :colbert:
I'm guessing it was also very similar in style to the standalone SA forum link in style? How high up in the to do list solely depends on what's actually broken (Chrome API call? jQuery error?). I'm guessing it's not showing up for other people as well when activated so I know where to start.

e:

unpronounceable posted:

I can only speak for myself, but highlighting of my friend's posts isn't working. It will highlight my posts, quotes of mine, and admin/mod names, but not my friends.
This is broken for me too. Wee fun bugs.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 9, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

pik_d posted:

This quoted post is from 3 years ago but this has just happened to me after updating to 1.5.7. When it happened to qbert it was because some code got deleted, could that have happened again?

Edit: I went back to the old version since they're different extensions and the browser button extension populated as soon as I opened a thread so I'd say Redux broke it.
It's because it opens a port on the extension id, so since they're different IDs, it breaks. Came up a fix that retains backward compatibility and since other than that, I imagine the SALR browser button is fine for people and doesn't need continued development so I'll just submit a pull request to ferg.

e: pull request submitted, and hopefully will have a resolution forthcoming where you guys don't need to install anything else.

e2: Turns out there's more to the issue as actually fixing this requires moving to a new extension version within chrome, which breaks the extension from working. So this may take some time to actually fully fix. Turns out I have till September to get this fixed or else it'll completely stop working!

sharktamer posted:

What that setting actually does is ignore bookmarks with a certain colour when using the "open all updated threads" link.
Well, a similar option could be had to "hide threads" as there are three star colors for the people who want to hide threads. Thanks for the clarification as somehow I failed understanding that option perfectly.

LastInLine posted:

I think the mouse gestures are broken in Redux. Those and poster highlighting are pretty much the only things I use. :smith:
Mouse gestures aren't broken? Hit right mouse button, go right and you go to page 2. Go left and you're back to page 1. Go up and you're up a forum level. All of this works in 1.5.7 and it's exactly the same code as thee SALR extension. I'm really not sure what would be causing it not to work for you, but I can't replicate.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 9, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Sad Panda posted:

Thank you for taking this on, it's definitely appreciated.

It was never a button. It's just a text link that when clicked opens each thread that has new posts in a separate new tab. So much faster than individually loading 5-10 threads.

The original request (by me) said...

Would it be possible to add a button that when clicked opens each unread subscribed thread in a new tab? I have some extension made for greasemonkey but it opens each thread in a new window which is much slower.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/51231 was the script
So the text button works, it's just that the ignore option doesn't work as it should and that needs to be fixed. Like, what exactly would you all describe as the main issue with this feature for someone who didn't really use it till now and sees that if I click it, it opens any page in my bookmarks with unread posts, but doesn't ignore certain star colors, or is that really it?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

Edit: I found out what's causing the problem--checking the option to change the last page link to the last three pages disables both the Quick Reply Box and mouse gestures. Disabling the option fixes both issues.
It's because when the forums changed style, they changed how the page numbering was handled. This caused the extension to crash when running that function.

It's fixed anyway and appears like:

which I'm assuming is correct as this is another feature I never used personally.

Anyway, I'll push out 1.5.8 and try and get an updated browser button done over the weekend.

e:

Master_Odin posted:

- Friend post highlighting broken
Fixed this, but it seems like OP highlighting may be broken and impossible to fix as it seems like the old method of doing it was removed from the code by the SA devs. I'm dumb and it requires a setting to be on the UserCP. I'll probably add this as a note on that setting. Same with having to visit the usercp.php page once after installing SALR for friend highlighting to work.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 11, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

kri kri posted:

Can you add an option to disable thread tags option like the salr for firefox has/had?
I'll add it to the To Do.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

In the same vein, it used to be that you could add Configure SALR to the menu then hide the top menu and it would appear in the bottom one and have no menu at all at the top. Now adding Configure SALR does not do it for the bottom menu and furthermore it appears at the top even if you disable the top menu altogether.
So the wanted functionality is two options:
1. Add Configure SALR to bottom menu (fixed)
2. Add option to remove top/bottom navigation bar (independent of each other?)
3. Don't display "Configure SALR link" at all if the menu is not displayed?

As it is, SALR is coded to always appear if the option is enabled, and I think that makes sense, but perhaps just have it appear a bit nicer?

LastInLine posted:

Honestly if I could have any wish I'd rather the SALR and grenade icon that appears in the top left of a thread lead to the options instead of it just being there looking out of place with the wrong font.

Edit: Oh the ugly SALR grenade disappears if you hide the Search Thread box. I guess I can do that.
I'll add an option for this as it shouldn't be too hard. Added option: "Hide SALR Logo" under Thread Options.

Sad Panda posted:

My main issue is that when I click on it, it doesn't do anything.
First, can you check if chrome is throwing an error? Go to Tools -> Developer Tools. This will open a box at the bottom of the screen. Click on the "Console" tab, and then refresh the 'usercp.php' page and see if an error appears there (the error should have on the right side 'salr.js' and some numbers. I need that really.)

Alternatively, can you take a screenshot of your settings page so I can configure my SALR to be the same as yours as I'm having issues replicating the issue.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 11, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

This would solve both my issue and Rohaq's assuming the feature select checkboxes worked on both the top and the bottom bars at the same time. Currently they don't but what I was saying is that they used to.

Right, it should be treated as yet another menu option. It's in the menu if it's checked and gone if the menu is disabled but the option to display it within the menu is checked. That was the previous behavior which made more logical sense to me since the option is called "Display Configure SALR in forum menu" which to me reads "Display this in the menu, but if the menu is hidden the option will be as well." Your behavior makes sense given the option page structure though since if it were in the menu it should just be an item to be checked or unchecked with all the others. Either way can be justified but either the behavior should be reverted or the option page changed to read "Display Configure SALR always" in my opinion.
Alright, added settings to disable top/bottom nav bar (can have both or none or one!), moved "Configure SALR" to an option underneath the Navigation Bar settings group (right after Search the Forums). It will not appear unless the navigation bar is there. Added option to remove link to "Something Awful". Fixed UserCP not being able to be removed. That should wrap up the navigation bar issues, and so I'll release the next version as it's got a decent amount of fixes. I'll get to the redundant settings in the next release.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Is there any way to force SALR to use the currently open tab yet, or does it still open everything in new tabs?

Last time I asked this, it was a limitation of Chrome, I think?
Everything is done in the same tab except for something like "Open Updated Threads" in the bookmark page as that opens all the threads in their own tabs.

Kazy posted:

Would it be possible to add some way to get to the right-click menu when mouse navigation is enabled?

I use the navigation a lot, but I also like to save photos and right-click-copy-link to share a bad post sometimes :(
I'll see if I can't add an option for this.

e: 1.5.8 will be released later tonight when I get home from class:

Change Log posted:

### v1.5.8 (4/11/2013)

- Fixed Show First/Last three pages feature being broken (from forum update)
- Fixed friend post highlighting not working
+ Added setting to hide SALR Logo in thread view
- Fixed "Configure SALR" not appearing in bottom navigation bar
- Moved "Configure SALR" setting to Navigation Bar setting group
+ Added setting to show top/bottom navigation bar independently of the other bar
- Fixed "User CP" not disappearing in navigation bar if setting was false

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 11, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Sad Panda posted:

I'm getting an error, but it's in miscellaneous bindings:236
Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
That kind of error should have an arrow on the left side of it. Clicking it will have it show more issues. However, I'll test the mod based off the settings you gave me. It does indicate that one of those settings is infact broken.

e: Hm, while I don't get the error, it doesn't seem to work for me either. However, it does work on 1.5.8. I'm guessing it had to do with the Display first/last 3 pages setting. When I release 1.5.8 tonight, please let me know if this continues.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 11, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Sad Panda posted:

When I load up a thread I get the following errors...

Error in event handler for 'undefined': Cannot read property '1' of null TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1595:64)
at Function.c.extend.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:30:151)
at Object.c.fn.c.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:24:147)
at SALR.showLastThreePages (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1593:23)
at SALR.pageInit (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:123:10)
at new SALR (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:35:10)
at chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/background.js:40:23
at chrome.Event.dispatchToListener (event_bindings:390:21)
at chrome.Event.dispatch_ (event_bindings:376:27)
at chrome.Event.dispatch (event_bindings:396:17) event_bindings:380
Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. miscellaneous_bindings:236
chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect miscellaneous_bindings:236
Yeah, it's an error that got fixed like I thought. Published v1.5.8 so your browser should update it, and then let me know how it works out for you.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

SirJoeKCB posted:

Uh...

I'm only seeing this on these two posts. No clue about what would be different about them.
Uh, can you do this:
First, can you check if chrome is throwing an error? Go to Tools -> Developer Tools. This will open a box at the bottom of the screen. Click on the "Console" tab, and then refresh the 'usercp.php' page and see if an error appears there (the error should have on the right side 'salr.js' and some numbers. I need that really.)

Alternatively, can you take a screenshot of your settings page so I can configure my SALR to be the same as yours as I'm having issues replicating the issue.

As I have no idea as turning on all settings didn't do this and I have no idea why those specific posts would mess things up? :psyduck:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
:siren: SALR Redux Browser Button Released :siren:

The code that made this possible will make it upstream into the actual extension for the omnibar icon which I'm guessing is broken seeing as how I can't get it to even appear!

SirJoeKCB posted:

There were no javascript errors either on the control panel or this thread, but I've since restarted Chrome and it's not happening anymore. Prior to that it had persisted through both closing/reopening the page and toggling the extension (worked fine without SALR enabled).
Glad to have helped in solving the issue :v:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Zen Punk posted:

There's one thing I brought up earlier - chrome's right-click context menu doesn't show up on forums pages when you have mouse gestures enabled, even if you click and release without selecting a gesture button. It does show up in firefox, don't know if it's possible in chrome. Ferg said there was something funny going on he didn't want to mess with.
It has something to do with that the right mouse down/up is getting overloaded to make the overlay appear/disappear. It seems that you get either/or, and there's no real way to make it appear anyway as far as I'm aware so long as no error is thrown and something isn't broken. Googling only really returns results on either a) building your own righclick or b) disabling rightclick all together making the issue hard to see if it is even possible.

However, I am looking into seeing if I can't get the same overlay to appear with a keyboard shortcut as it seems the best compromise and while I have it appearing on an alt key press, all that remains is actually using the buttons.

Stare-Out posted:

I still can't seem to get the quick reply box to go away with the Escape button for some reason. Using newest stable Chrome on OSX 10.7 with newest SALR Redux. There's also a weird thing with the live preview where pictures posted in the thread block out the preview window:

The drag/drop imgur upload still doesn't work either. :(
They keyboard shortcut is probably broken as I know there's several that are. That was going to be the main thing with this release as I know that the previous page shortcut is also broken. I'll look into the live preview thing, but the imgur fix is going to be coming later as that's going to require a bit more learning on my part to fix.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Stare-Out posted:

All right, good to know they're being looked into. Appreciate you working on this, too. Thanks! :)
Hm, it seems the issues I was having a few days disappeared. Can you post the settings you're using?

e: Yeah, the imgur is broken in the same way the browser button was. The extension security policy became stricter in the new version of them, so inline javascript is completely disallowed. Have to rewrite the handler methods, so it might not be as complicated as I'd expect. Probably bump this up to something to try and do for next release.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 12, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Stare-Out posted:

I had the timg fix on but I tried turning it off and it didn't fix the live preview bug, it only happens with timg images though, as far as I can tell regular img-tagged images don't obscure the live preview window. I have keyboard navigation off but quick format keys are enabled under the quick reply box section (which is obviously enabled as well). If there's an easy way to post all the settings I have I'd be happy to hear it.

Also glad the imgur fix isn't as tricky to fix as you thought, it's a really nice feature to have.
Alright, fixed the live preview appearing under images.

So the hotkey is broken when you don't have the hotkey manager going right? Like you just want the hotkey to close the Quick Reply, and when it's set like that, it doesn't work? If so, yeah, I get that issue as well. I'm guessing expected behavior is that hitting esc while Quick Reply is open will close it regardless if you have global hotkeys set?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Master_Odin posted:

It has something to do with that the right mouse down/up is getting overloaded to make the overlay appear/disappear. It seems that you get either/or, and there's no real way to make it appear anyway as far as I'm aware so long as no error is thrown and something isn't broken. Googling only really returns results on either a) building your own righclick or b) disabling rightclick all together making the issue hard to see if it is even possible.

However, I am looking into seeing if I can't get the same overlay to appear with a keyboard shortcut as it seems the best compromise and while I have it appearing on an alt key press, all that remains is actually using the buttons.
Update on this, changed the right click plugin within jQuery to not block the context menu, and then added bind within the mouse-overlay code to disable it on a sub-setting. You'll still see the overlay briefly when you quick right click, but you'll at least see the google chrome menu as well. Will probably look into implementing it into a key in the future for a bit more elegance, but that is on the back burner.

Stare-Out posted:

I just noticed that with keyboard navigation on, the Esc thing works fine, but it used to work with keyboard navigation off as well if I recall. Now that I think about it, having keyboard navigation on isn't a bad thing at all and I might as well keep it on as it's actually pretty useful. :downs:
I'm honestly not sure if it was ever like that. I've figured out how to do it, and I might put it into the next release if that was something that was a feature at one point/seems useful enough to people that don't want full on keyboard shortcuts. I'm undecided on the topic myself.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Mak0rz posted:

Just a suggestion to (possibly) make your life easier: Is there any way to program a button into the settings that dumps config/browser version/etc information onto the clipboard for easy posting rather than asking people to send you screenshots of their settings pages?

Thanks for taking up the task of keeping SALR alive and running. I love this extension and would hate to see it go!
Turns out there was a function to display a table of all the settings in the code already! Created button to display the dump so people can just copy paste it (hopefully to a pastebin or something first!)

Also, the next version of the extension may break things as I update the jQuery the extension uses. I'm going to try and test as much as I can, but just an fyi I guess.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 12, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Sad Panda posted:

On 1.5.8 and still nothing happens. Only console error now is

ort error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. miscellaneous_bindings:236
chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect miscellaneous_bindings:236
The bad news: I have no idea about that port error. That basically means the extension has crashed horribly, and I have no idea based on the previous code line you gave if it's still doing that as I fixed that.

The good news: I have figured out the issue behind it and it's basically the forum revamp to the stars changed how they're defined (they're now classes, no longer images within the html). This means that if you set that option, it breaks SALR. Now, since this is a game-breaking issue and I feel dumb for not catching it because I'm bad at setting settings, I'm going to split 1.6 release and get this and two other things fixed for 1.5.9, with 1.6 coming later on (which will be postponed a bit more so I can hopefully get imgur working as well as fully test the changes to the code that updating the jQuery did).

Expect the patch to hit tomorrow.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
:siren: 1.5.9 Released :siren:

changelog posted:

### v1.5.9 (4/14/2013)

- Fixed Preview Reply pane being underneath images
+ Added option to allow default right click menu to appear when mouse gestures enabled
- Fixed Ignore Star option in settings pane (as well as prevent script breaking when it was set)
- Fixed being able to change children settings when parent setting was disabled

Update the extension to get those sweet changes!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

It seems to open all the threads twice each for me. Progress!
I think I may have broken things slightly if you didn't actually have a value set for the ignore star (and I forgot a disabled option, welp!).

Try setting the value in that dropdown to a star you don't use for now and test it again.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Thanks Ferg!

LastInLine posted:

I think this is broken. The menu and the gesture icons appear, but moving the cursor to the icons does nothing. That would occasionally happen before and a secondary click on the desired icon usually caused it to activate but this time there was no way to make the icons go away. I just had to refresh the page and disable the option.

e: Just checke the new SALR settings and the option to Enable default chrome right click menu to appear after overlay was not checked and yet I was getting the right click menu. As far as I could tell, toggling the checkbox does nothing.

e2: Now the option is working, but the one with both the right click menu and the gestures fails as I describe above. :confused:
I missed up the logic of the setting and so when you first update, the setting is set to be "undefined". Which isn't equal to 'false', so the menu would appear and I have learned an important lesson of always use '==' in extensions. Learning!

However, after the setting is defined, it seems to work fine for me where if I have both, it works, but the right menu appears (and works) and if the second one isn't set, no right click menu. I'm going to put out 1.5.10 that fixes these small bugs as well as add a "setting dump" page. So if it's still broken, I'll be asking for you to give me your settings then because it might be another part of the extension messing things up.

Also, as a user who uses the mouse gestures, do you have any preference for what the bottom button would be? As of now, I don't think it has a use, and I feel setting it to something like "usercp.php" would be useful as hell.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Yep that did it. Fix that and split up the "Display threads with new posts first" into two options so I can have it on only in the UserCP and not the forums at large and that's basically all the features I want forever. :)

Thanks for picking up development on the extension!
Adding issue for splitting up all settings that work on multiple areas of the site so that you can activate the setting, and then choose where it works. Now that you mention it, I think having that set-up would be ideal for me too though.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 15, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
1.5.10 released

Changelog posted:

### v1.5.10 (4/15/2013)

- Fixed "Open Updated Threads" opening tabs twice
- Fixed right click menu being enabled even when the box wasn't ticked on initial installion of 1.5.9
- Moved "Pages per thread" to be a sub-setting of First/Last Three Pages
- Added ability to dump settings into a table of values for easy copy/paste.

It seems that the right click context menu acts funky on my laptop (but not my desktop) where the action to use it properly is:
1) Hold right click briefly so I see overlay and context menu
2) Let go right click so context menu disappears but overlay remains
3) Right click on proper box I want to go to
4) Don't hit anything on the second context menu to appear while the page is transitioning.

It's a weird effect and I'm honestly not sure how to fix this beyond get it so hitting alt or something would also bring up the overlay to free it from right click for those that want the context menu at this time. If there's some other issue at work (ie. really not working), please use the new dump settings button on the bottom of the settings page, post it to pastebin and give it to me?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

RandomPauI posted:

I'd run into the undefined problem too and had to disable SALR. The trigger word that caused the error to pop up in a post was literally "undefined".
Yeah, that makes sense because I guess when some setting is scanning a post, it hits "undefined" which has a special definition in javascript (that the variable isn't set) so it gets mixed up. However, without knowing the setting (or the specific set-up), I have no idea why it'd happen. Turning on all the settings doesn't cause it to happen, so it might just be a very specific combination of settings.

Luckily v1.5.10 of Redux offers a way to dump the settings for easy copy/pasting!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Zen Punk posted:

The rightclick context menu was working just fine for me on my desktop. I'll see how it works with .10 when I get home.

Also usercp would awesome for bottom button. I'm always going back and forth between there and threads.

edit: Yeah, 1.5.10 braoke it. The mouse gestures and context menu seemed to be working on 1.5.9, now I only get the context menu.

LastInLine posted:

Edit: That time it both opened another instance of this thread and the Options screen. I enabled the right click menu but it still has the same problem in that I can't select any of the arrows. I'd rather just have it do the gestures unless you use a modifier (Control, Option, or Command doesn't matter to me), having both appear just doesn't work.
Me using it on my desktop on 1.5.10: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6782048/mouse-gestures.avi

And it worked on my linux laptop as well. Holding right click gets overlay to appear, then move mouse over option, release to select, then left click to get rid of context menu on my desktop. How I did it on my laptop is posted above. I'm not sure why it's broken for you guys, but works fine for me (and then Zen reports it worked fine before, but now it broke (which really doesn't make sense as I only changed a conditional to be the opposite of what it was ($ != true instead of == false, more robust if setting is undefined). I'm absolutely baffled on why this is happening. I would say perhaps that if you guys use the "Dump Settings" button at the bottom of the page, copy the contents of the page and put it on pastebin.com, and then give me the link, I'll take a look at it. It might be another setting that's breaking it for whatever reason because I don't see it?

I might be able to apply a key modifier to make either the overlay appear or not on the right click actually by changing the rightmousedown function now that I figured out how the context menu was originally disabled. I'll look into it as I agree the current solution is inelegant as all hell and you really end up with a poor mix of both worlds.

LastInLine posted:

The Configure SALR link now leads to this thread :confused:
I have no idea as I definitely didn't touch anything about this in 2 patches? The link is always http://www.forums.somethingawful.com/ with an onclick modifier to open settings.html so uh... :psyduck:

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 16, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

This is on a MacBook Air, so it was cmd-click to get the options to come up in a new tab. I did it three or four times and each time only a new tab with this thread (at the first post) loaded. Then it opened that plus the options finally. I'm at work at the moment but I'll see if I can't reproduce it.

e: This was exactly what it was except the first few times the Options didn't load. Even just regular clicking reloads the current page so cmd-clicking opens a new tab at the current page and the Options. By the way this only happens from within a thread. On the thread listing the current tab does not reload and cmd-clicking and regular clicking does the same thing.
Yeah, you should just be left clicking the Configure SALR link and it'll open a new tab to adjust settings. You shouldn't have to click anything else to get it to do that. The behavior breaks down if you try other clicks I guess and I'll see if I can't change that to only open the tab.

LastInLine posted:

As for the gestures, it doesn't work like the video at all for me on OSX. Both the gesture squares and the secondary click menu open simultaneously when you initiate the right click obscuring the bottom two-thirds of the right gesture pad. Holding and moving to a pad then releasing does nothing. Releasing will allow you to select and click an option on the right click menu, but none of the gesture pads will do anything with either single click, double click, or a right click. Here is my settings dump.
Alright, so the base mouse gestures still works for you?

Anyway, alt key now can be used to turn on/off overlay and turn off/on context menu which works way better I think (and should not be computer dependent unless you lack an alt key or something). Bottom button now also refreshes the current page. I'll push the update later today.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 22, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

Do you know how the Alt key will translate to OS X? I only ask because Alt is only accessible by hitting Fn+Opt so to open the menu it would be Fn+Opt+Cmd click and while it's doable it'd be nicer to have the modifier be a single key. If it's not possible or if it just translates to Opt I can live with it. I've been living without it for so long I just forget the menu exists.
Macs, the bane of my existance clearly. :suicide:

e: Actually, I'll just have it trigger on option/alt. I think they may have the same keycode. Time to ask my friend to borrow his computer. Thanks for letting me know about this though.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 22, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Master_Odin posted:

Macs, the bane of my existance clearly. :suicide:

e: Actually, I'll just have it trigger on option/alt. I think they may have the same keycode. Time to ask my friend to borrow his computer. Thanks for letting me know about this though.
Yeah, Option key does use the same option code so you don't have to use a keyboard shortcut to get to the actual alt key.

Anyway is v1.5.11 released which hopefully is the last drat patch on mouse gestures (beyond some style stuff and minor changes to the top button I guess).

Changelog posted:

v1.5.11 (4/22/2013) - "I really hate mouse gestures"

- Replaced right click option with alt key option
+ Alt key can be used to switch between mouse gestures or default
context menu
+ Button button in Mouse Gestures now refreshes current page
- Mouse Gesture disables left/right on single page thread/forums properly
- Mouse Gesture overlay appears above images on forum

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 24, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

v1ld posted:

Friend Post Highlighting works for me only in threads where they're also the OP. They're not highlighted in other threads. Does this work for anyone else? The highlight friends in threads where they're the OP works irrespective of whether OP Post Highlight is selected.

Thanks for the updates to the extension.
Fixed for the next release. An issue within the jQuery selector was making it select only a limited number of friends within the UserCP friend panel.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why did my new thread button disappear?

Though it was the custom Stylish thing I had, but even with it disabled, the post button remains hidden. Only disabling SALR made the button come back.

With stylish:

Without:

No Post button at the bottom there on either.
Setting got removed (that technically seems to do more than it should) when I originally forked the code. Not sure how it happened, but it did. I'll push a quick update fixing the friend thing and this in a few minutes.

e: Note, the setting you have on is called "Hide the "Post" button in threads". It used to affect forum display (but that's fixed), so you shouldn't see the button in threads if it's on though now.

Changelog posted:

### v1.5.12 (5/1/2013)

- Fixed friend highlighting only working for first two friends in UserCP.php
- Fixed Post thread button disappearing on all pages if a missing setting got set in the past (by re-adding setting)
- Separated out function calls between forumdisplay.php and showthread.php so aforementioned setting doesn't affect forum post button

e: while friend highlighting works, I have to test it for having a large number of friends in-case more action is required. For now, I've tested on <10 friends.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 1, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Changelog posted:

### v1.5.13 (5/2/2013)

+ Added defaults for all settings
- Fixed style being for old forum layout on settings.html (most noticable in the quote box)
- Fixed coloring on settings.html for thread highlighting
- Fixed star column not being colored appropriately when using thread highlighting

So while you all can safely ignore the first thing, the rest is all applicable. This should allow for better color matching between SALR options and the actual forum/usercp views, as well as update on the quote box being the main things in the update.

I guess next is to add a way to have a "Pop-Up" help box that explains some things (such as having to go to Usercp.php to have friend highlighting, or hotkeys for Keyboard Navigation, or having a certain setting on to use OP highlighting).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Here's a strange issue: I was using the thread search at the top of the page to search for a word in the Adam Carolla Show thread in RGD that I know is in the thread, but it says no results found. Any word I search, even if I'm looking right at the word, comes back with no results. I don't know if this is an extension issue or a forums issue.
I think this might be a forum issue as it works for me? If it continues to not work on other pages, mind giving me your settings?

Lprsti99 posted:

So, I don't suppose the "don't convert images in a post with a NWS/NMS warning" could be extended to posts that have the literal strings "not work/mind safe" and "not safe for work," could it? Because I just got blasted by a huge picture of a harlequin baby right before I was about to pass out.
Based on the following replies, I guess this might be a feature request. I'll look into implementing text based replacement as well then.

• Locked thread