Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Two questions here:

1. Is this using the WebExtention API?
2. If so, is this going to be backported to Firefox seeing that the old SALR is broken now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Archived

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nice to see. Unfortunately due to my use case I don't think I'll be able to adopt it just yet (I'm not one of those users who leaves their computer with everything running for as long as possible).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Serfer posted:

Well, this isn't really a permanent solution, more just to see if I could, and how well it would work

Well yeah, eventually it'll have to be sent to Mozilla for approval. But it's nice to know at least some functionality is still there.

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 23, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cis autodrag indicated they would in the Firefox thread, contact them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question, would it be possible to have the pop-up window like the old Firefox extension did or did that get killed with web extensions?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Serfer posted:

I like the external window way better, but I get that I'm a weirdo

Same. I would use it a lot to lift quotes from other threads. Made it a lot easier, not to mention putting it on my second monitor when I was pulling data from another source.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Though realistically, I think that should be the last thing implemented. I'd much rather have things like my always showing nav bar, proper "do I have unreads" highlighting, and custom user subtitles first.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Serfer posted:

Does the chrome extension not have user notes? I don't see it

I assume that's what you meant by custom user subtitles

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's really useful, especially as a mod, to track problem users since name changes are a thing here.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So is it going to be submitted for approval soon then?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So what's the ETA on mozilla submittal, the firefox thread is asking about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Serfer posted:

I see there's no longer any conversion capability built in, so it'll probably have to be an outside process to convert the notes from the sqlite file.

Side note, does anyone have a screenshot of what user notes looked like? They should be easy enough to add, I think.

Sorry if I haven't done much, it's a busy time, and while this is useful, I have it working "well enough" for myself. I took a look at integrating the button into the main extension and it looks easy enough, and if I can do that and add user notes, I'll see about submitting it, assuming I can transfer it to whoever wants to maintain it

User notes sort of looked like this:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question, will you be attempting to get the old pop-up style quick reply window working? It was great for pulling quotes off of other pages or other threads. Obviously it's not a "immediate fix" thing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here's a bit more interesting one: hitting 'r' to do a reply in thread does not seem to work. I'm making sure on Vimium I'm passing through the command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unrelated problem, the thread is giving the "unread post error" thingy that popped up a few months ago. Maybe time for a new one?

• Locked thread