Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!

Ferg posted:

To access the settings menu click on the SA logo in your omnibar. I'll add this to the OP.

There's no favicon showing in the omnibar in OS X, for some reason (maybe a bug in dev build). I had to view source from about :extensions, expand the dev console, and manually hit the "onToolbarClick()" function. Otherwise, though, everything seems to work fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!

Ferg posted:

Somebody has mentioned this to me before. Apparently it's an OSX thing. Is this on Chrome or Chromium? I can add a note in the OP since I doubt most people will figure this out on their own.

Chrome, not Chromium. Seems like this would be fixed in an official build, so probably nothing worth worrying too much about. Might be worth just appending a clickable control somewhere on the dom that can launch the support page instead, though.

eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!
It's been years since I've used the Firefox SALR, so this is probably just a copy from it... but the main reason I'd stopped using it is because I actually preferred the forum enhancements for how it shows the number of new replies and the "jump to last read post" feature.

In my opinion, it's far better to have the number of new messages directly next to the subject that's clickable to jump to last read (exactly how it is in the forum software now) than to need to scan over to the number of thread messages for new replies in parens. This is probably a preference thing, though.

• Locked thread