Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

I just cooked up a small "Highlight posts by friends" thing, so with some luck that'll be added soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

I just pulled your menu commits into a separate branch. Where are you getting the forum names from? I can't find that <select> element anywhere.

It's the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Feature request (that I might do myself once I get to a computer that has a functioning enter key):

Make it possible to disable the recoloring of threads in the thread list.
Make it possible to disable the page navigator.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Dude you're nuts. I pulled in your latest commit (the one you sent me yesterday).

Nuts good or nuts bad?

Honestly I had most of the features already made as userscripts; all I did was clean them up.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Riso posted:

Is there a way to make the new forum selection menu not open a new tab, but use the current one instead?

Not in the current version.
As for the odds of it getting added? It is not only possible, I just wrote the code for it.

Sebbe fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 4, 2010

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Link me to the commit when you get it up. I had ideas for this, so I'm curious as to how you implemented it.

http://github.com/Eckankar/salr-chrome/commit/86ea93dfee9f86dcfa6c77fe2cb4df670aba2184

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Dur my sleep addled brain thought you were talking about tracking frequently visited forums and such. Anyhew, this one looks good I'll merge it in a few.

Well, pinning forums to the top of the list shouldn't be too hard to do.

A bit busy correcting exam sets these days, though, so I probably won't do it for now.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

I whipped up a working version of pinning; it doesn't track by frequency, but it should make a lot of people happy, I hope.

I'll leave it to Ferg to make it look good; I make very ugly mock-ups, layoutwise.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Perhaps we should consider setting up a UserVoice page.

They tend to be pretty popular and easy to use for tracking feature requests.

(The free plan should be fine; an example of it is available here, for my Skype bot)

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

calandryll posted:

I just looked at the uservoice thing. I will post the necessary CSS for the nice blockquote stuff.

It has actually been added by me, it's just a matter of when Ferg pulls it from my repository. :shobon:

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Zeph posted:

I know Ferg's busy but if anyone can help me try to figure out how to disable thread highlighting that'd be awesome. I love SALR but to me I just can't use it at all with thread highlighting enabled. I even tried making the colors the same as the stock forums but it's just not what I want because it still adds a gradient to it.

I really should get around to adding a toggle for that, as it's also stopping me from using it.

I've just been too lazy to actually read through the highlighting code so I could add a switch for it.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Shading occurs between lines 186 and 205 in salr.js (http://github.com/scottferg/salr-chrome/blob/master/js/salr.js). You should just have to add the option and wrap it there.

Ah laziness. I just added a toggle for updateStyling. Should probably be more split-up, but then again, it was just a quick fix for myself.

In other news, it seems pretty messy that we have to keep track of essentially the same (by now pretty huge) list in two places in toolstrip-handler.js; there must be a way we could cut down on the size of it.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Ha, ignore that one. Sebbe throws so many patches my way that I hardly ever read his stuff anymore (because it's always solid anyways). Looks like we still have some implementation work to go on that.

And to be quite honest, I have no idea what it is, but somebody had requested it and he jumped on it.

Actually, you just renamed the setting that enables it wrong. :ssh:

What it does, though, is this:

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Could you list the options you have turned on?

I'll update the OP sometime this week with a standardized way of reporting bugs since it would probably be best if I always knew what settings you had turned on and off.

Maybe a debug tab (or button on the general tab) in the settings, which would dump the contents of localStorage as well as a few other things like useragent to an easy to understand plaintext format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Definitely doable.

That is actually in my fork somewhere, so you won't have to do much.

• Locked thread