Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Congratulations from here too!

Would it be possible to add a button that when clicked opens each unread subscribed thread in a new tab? I have some extension made for greasemonkey but it opens each thread in a new window which is much slower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

If you can get me the greasemonkey code it shouldn't be too hard to port.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/51231

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

Alright, v0.4.8 is up and it looks like its updating correctly (finally).

Has the "Open all updated threads" feature from Sad Panda. The page navigator will now be disabled by default, so you can enable it by going to the Page Display tab in the options panel.

Great! Thanks for that. Seemed to work perfectly then when I just tried to use it.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

This is what Horn was asking about a few posts up. Honestly I have no reservations about it either way, it was just done in the omnibar so as not to abuse the browser bar real estate.

As long as it's an option I see no problem. Personally I'm happy with it in the omnibar when I'm on SA and wouldn't want it anywhere else.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
When threads have 100 or more pages the navigator gets stretched. For example in http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075676

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

What OS are you using? I've added in the "jump to last post" button on the next release and fixed this issue after restyling for that, but 100+ page threads are something I've tested for in Linux and OSX.

Windows 7 and Chrome Beta. What I mean is it comes out like this with normal zoom levels although if I zoom in one time it fits.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/952508/navigation.PNG

edit : It does that if the window is maximised (1280x1024) or resized.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

Might be fixed in the latest release. I know I had to make it flexible to work on both of my setups. I'll try to get this build out soon and then let me know if it's still there.

Seems to have gone! Thanks

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

-Dethstryk- posted:

I'm curious about this one too. I used to be able to pound the B key and open up all the updated threads, but now I can't get that to work anymore.

Yeah, I'm definitely missing my open all threads button so if it's going to be working soon that'd be great.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Thank you for taking this on, it's definitely appreciated.

Master_Odin posted:

- Open Updated Threads was a button? (again, I never used this feature so an exact explanation of what they'd like it to be would be appreciated as it's currently just a text link on the bookmark thread pages)

It was never a button. It's just a text link that when clicked opens each thread that has new posts in a separate new tab. So much faster than individually loading 5-10 threads.

The original request (by me) said...

Would it be possible to add a button that when clicked opens each unread subscribed thread in a new tab? I have some extension made for greasemonkey but it opens each thread in a new window which is much slower.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/51231 was the script

Sad Panda fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 9, 2013

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Master_Odin posted:

So the text button works, it's just that the ignore option doesn't work as it should and that needs to be fixed. Like, what exactly would you all describe as the main issue with this feature for someone who didn't really use it till now and sees that if I click it, it opens any page in my bookmarks with unread posts, but doesn't ignore certain star colors, or is that really it?

My main issue is that when I click on it, it doesn't do anything.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Master_Odin posted:

First, can you check if chrome is throwing an error? Go to Tools -> Developer Tools. This will open a box at the bottom of the screen. Click on the "Console" tab, and then refresh the 'usercp.php' page and see if an error appears there (the error should have on the right side 'salr.js' and some numbers. I need that really.)

Alternatively, can you take a screenshot of your settings page so I can configure my SALR to be the same as yours as I'm having issues replicating the issue.

I'm getting an error, but it's in miscellaneous bindings:236
Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

As far as my options...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/952508/options1.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/952508/options2.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/952508/options3.PNG

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
When I load up a thread I get the following errors...

Error in event handler for 'undefined': Cannot read property '1' of null TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1595:64)
at Function.c.extend.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:30:151)
at Object.c.fn.c.each (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:24:147)
at SALR.showLastThreePages (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:1593:23)
at SALR.pageInit (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:123:10)
at new SALR (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:35:10)
at chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/background.js:40:23
at chrome.Event.dispatchToListener (event_bindings:390:21)
at chrome.Event.dispatch_ (event_bindings:376:27)
at chrome.Event.dispatch (event_bindings:396:17) event_bindings:380
Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. miscellaneous_bindings:236
chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect miscellaneous_bindings:236

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Master_Odin posted:

Yeah, it's an error that got fixed like I thought. Published v1.5.8 so your browser should update it, and then let me know how it works out for you.

On 1.5.8 and still nothing happens. Only console error now is

ort error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. miscellaneous_bindings:236
chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect miscellaneous_bindings:236

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Master_Odin posted:

I think I may have broken things slightly if you didn't actually have a value set for the ignore star (and I forgot a disabled option, welp!).

Try setting the value in that dropdown to a star you don't use for now and test it again.

Yup. When it's set to nothing it double opens. When I switched to red star, it opens properly. Thank you!

• Locked thread