Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Fuuuuuuck :smith:

So loving glad I dropped it after spraying on the last coat of sealant. Anyone who says glosscote and dullcote (especially glosscote) aren't worth it are basically full of poo poo. It actually held up amazingly well considering it shattered on my cement basement floor and several pieces slid/scraped along the floor for a foot or two. There are a few minor chips in the paint job, and a big chunk of basing material I'll need to redo. Other than that it's ok. I even found the tusk I totally did not expect to find. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fyrbrand posted:

So loving glad I dropped it after spraying on the last coat of sealant. Anyone who says glosscote and dullcote (especially glosscote) aren't worth it are basically full of poo poo. It actually held up amazingly well considering it shattered on my cement basement floor and several pieces slid/scraped along the floor for a foot or two. There are a few minor chips in the paint job, and a big chunk of basing material I'll need to redo. Other than that it's ok. I even found the tusk I totally did not expect to find. :unsmith:

Well I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been. You and your clumsy three fingered troll hands.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Would probably be better as -

Pistrix sum
Pistrix sum
Mea mentula ede
Pistrix sum

I'm having trouble parsing TDP's version, and this is slightly more elegant Latin. Scans a bit better too.

oh gently caress what am I doing
:unsmigghh:

I only used google translate, and a bit of wikipedia to find mentula is better than irrumabo (because when translated back it comes out as suck my gently caress). Beyond that, i'm dumb.

According to Google translate, yours says "I'm a monster, I have a good eat", so I am guessing there is something lost in translation.

In any case, best banner ever. Have wanted to make space sharks and use space wolf rules, but I think I will skip it in favour of IG and Bioshock Nurgle.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Hurrah! I finally found time to paint..............one lousy terminator.

His bros remain half done, but I am happy with how the scarred loyalist helms are working out. Makes them feel more renegade/newly turned.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Finished my Iron Painter submission for the first round. Making a diorama was way more fun than I expected it to be :)

Blowout

vvvv The guy was actually supposed to have big cartoony eyes looking sideways at the foreman but I didn't manage to pull it off.

Arlaharen fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 4, 2012

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nice work. Very Warner Brothers.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

The Dark Project posted:

I only used google translate, and a bit of wikipedia to find mentula is better than irrumabo (because when translated back it comes out as suck my gently caress). Beyond that, i'm dumb.

According to Google translate, yours says "I'm a monster, I have a good eat", so I am guessing there is something lost in translation.

In any case, best banner ever. Have wanted to make space sharks and use space wolf rules, but I think I will skip it in favour of IG and Bioshock Nurgle.

'pistrix' is monster/sea monster, 'mea mentula ede' is more literally 'eat my dick' - you could go with 'fellare' for your verb, but that's too wordy I think.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do you painting Goons support larger models when you paint them? most of my stuff so far has been 25mm/30mm plastic or metal, where I can just place them on a pritt stick container with some blu-tac on the top for support.

But my next miniature is a fair bit larger and heavier, so I won't be able to support it easily when I paint it, has anyone got any good suggestions for painting stuff like that? How do you gents hold them as I don't want to just lump the thing in my hands and crack on.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Fyrbrand posted:

:smith:

The sound it made when it hit the floor...it haunts my dreams.

Nooo. That thing was awesome.

Fyrbrand posted:

Good thing it survived.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Arlaharen posted:

Finished my Iron Painter submission for the first round. Making a diorama was way more fun than I expected it to be :)

Blowout

vvvv The guy was actually supposed to have big cartoony eyes looking sideways at the foreman but I didn't manage to pull it off.

It's very good; would you mind if we use it in the Oath Thread as an example? I looked at that once and it vomited "technical merit" all over me.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Arlaharen posted:

Blowout

I put in my submission as well. I don't expect to last long in that contest.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Arlaharen, that diaroma is pretty hilarious. I didnt get a chance to do anything for my first round, I was hoping to shoehorn commissions/etc into the various categories, but they are too specific.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Thanks for the comments guys!

Sole.Sushi posted:

It's very good; would you mind if we use it in the Oath Thread as an example? I looked at that once and it vomited "technical merit" all over me.

I'd be honored :)

PaintVagrant posted:

Arlaharen, that diaroma is pretty hilarious. I didnt get a chance to do anything for my first round, I was hoping to shoehorn commissions/etc into the various categories, but they are too specific.

nooooo I was really hoping to see something from you. Theme is only 1/4 of the total score so if you have something complete you might as well submit it. You can basically greenstuff a sausage in an open fist of a Dire Troll and drop a comment about him revving his violence engine with a proper breakfast.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Painting white and grey, gently caress this gay earth forever.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Flipswitch posted:

Painting white and grey, gently caress this gay earth forever.

Don't use the word gay as a pejorative!

Otherwise that's really sweet, looks buttery smooth.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That's actually a very valid thing to say too, I've been trying to stop using the word gay in a negative/offensive manner, it was acceptable to say when I was younger and it shouldn't have been, so thanks for pulling me up on it. :)

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

That's actually a very valid thing to say too, I've been trying to stop using the word gay in a negative/offensive manner, it was acceptable to say when I was younger and it shouldn't have been, so thanks for pulling me up on it. :)

Make it up to the thread by posting more of your tiny sexy men flipswitch. I love infinity but can't find an excuse to buy any.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The game is awesome, there's your excuse. :colbert:

The rest of my PanO Strike Team to get through. I'll be working on the Kamau at the back next, then the Fusiliers. You also get to laugh here at my light "box" setup.

Edit: Note the ORC HMG was a WIP when that photo was taken.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Flipswitch posted:

"Gay" doesn't mean the same thing it used to, just liked "retarded", but to each his own!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Red Robin Hood posted:

"Gay" doesn't mean the same thing it used to, just liked "retarded", but to each his own!

You're right. It used to mean a merry or lively mood. Now it means homosexual, and when people use it as a pejorative, even if they aren't saying anything about homosexuals specifically, they are associating the negative connotation of that word with homosexuals.

Also, retarded is an extremely offensive word when used as a pejorative and you shouldn't use it like that.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

S.J. posted:

You're right. It used to mean a merry or lively mood. Now it means homosexual, and when people use it as a pejorative, even if they aren't saying anything about homosexuals specifically, they are associating the negative connotation of that word with homosexuals.

Also, retarded is an extremely offensive word when used as a pejorative and you shouldn't use it like that.

I don't. Well, I try not to. I stopped using gay that way when I was talking to my gay friend that uses Opera and said "Opera is gay, dude." Oops! Good thing he is an understanding friend :)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

This is basically two miniature gaming threads being derailed by dumb poo poo. Congrats goons

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

PaintVagrant posted:

This is basically two miniature gaming threads being derailed by dumb poo poo. Congrats goons

What's the other one?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The infinity thread

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
I think the other one is all the talk about skimpy/oversexed minis in the Infinity thread.

Beaten to the punch!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can we import it here? I love stupid loving derails, yes sirree :allears:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ironically the current derail in this thread would've been over at Red Robin Hoods last post if it wasn't for the fact that you guys felt like pointing out that a derail was, in fact, a derail. So that's cool.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh my bad. Let's start another one. Ork technology works because they think it does.

Aaaaand GO.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Where all the orc wimmen at?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Oh my bad. Let's start another one. Ork technology works because they think it does.

Aaaaand GO.

baby you know i dont hang around with you to hear you talk

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

Where all the orc wimmen at?

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Orcs are genderless you goof!

^BRB, clawing out my eyes forever.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Thats what you get thread. Anthropomorphic rhino balls

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What is that Death mini from? I must know.

Edit: Oh drat that Rhino is packing too.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 4, 2012

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
That is a beautiful, beautiful Contemptor dread. :3:

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Well poo poo.

I give up.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fyrbrand posted:

A cheerleader? Typical.

Alternately:

Dat midriff.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I still need help :mad:

ghetto wormhole posted:

Crosspost from the 40k thread:

I've mostly figured out how I want to paint these Lychguard (and the rest of my Necrons).

I'm happy with the body, it's really easy to do and I think it looks pretty sweet.

I'm not at all happy with the sword and shield. I like the blue for the shield but I'm not really sure what to do with the center part and I'd really like some suggestions. Same goes for the sword, I like the blue blade but I have no idea how I should do the handle. The orange over blue looked kind of cool on the shield but it looks like total poo poo on the ends of the sword handle. Maybe just paint white over it and do them orange like his crown?

http://imgur.com/a/zFtpR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

ghetto wormhole posted:

I still need help :mad:

The handle of the sword looks fine though tbh I hate the way you've done the white, it could really stand to have a little shading in there.

• Locked thread