Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I've always used straight simple green (or purple power or whatever) to stip. No need to dilute it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Jade Mage posted:

Hey, I'm extremely new to wargaming (first ever minis bought today) and was wondering about two things.

1) With what should I attach the parts. I've heard a lot about pinning, but is that the only/best way to do things?

2) Painting comes after piecing together the little blokes, right? Wouldn't that make the little nooks and crannies beneath arms and such a serious pain to paint?

(Additionally, I'm painting Infinity miniatures, if this makes any difference.)

Welcome to this hobby OR run while you can.

It really depends on the individual model how you want to assemble it. I think Infinity are all metal models, so you'll want to use superglue (aka CA/Cyanoacrylate glue) to bond the two pieces. Depending on the join and the pieces, you may want to pin them for additional security. Here is a little pinning tutorial to get you started. I eventually got tired of my joints popping off, so I started pinning everything. Then again, I'm a little OCD...

Painting order is up to personal preference. Some people do it after, because if it's a hard-to-access area, then it's probably also difficult to see, so it doesn't matter if you paint way down in there. Other people like to paint first, then assemble, but remember not to paint the surfaces that you'll be gluing together, or it'll be a weak bond.

[edit] Fixed my link. :downs:

Aranan fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 4, 2013

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Crosspost from the Warmachine/Hordes thread since there's stuff in here that isn't limited to Warmahordes:

I'm selling all my Warmahordes (and modeling supplies/paints/etc). Check it out in SA Mart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3603785

• Locked thread