Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Devlan Mud posted:

Siimple green also has a tough time taking the first coat of primer off of plastic I've noticed.

Simple green doesnt work too well with removing spray primer. If you want to remove that get some spray on oven cleaner, put your minis in a bag, then spray in the bag utill the minis are covered in foam. Wait 12 hours to a day and then scrub off with a toothbrush. Should take the primer off with ease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Sanguinius as an ultramarine?

But yeah, looks good, but your eyes go straight to those bright white wings on the chapter banner.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

your ruler obviously needs more dakka.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

MWH + sepia!

The redshirts at my local have taken to calling gryphon sepia "God Wash"

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Or a really dark blue. Necron abyss dark. The intensity of the colour difference should make everything pop. Its the reason why my crimson fists are on snow bases; not because im lazy, I swear!

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

2.3 million is like a good house here in melbourne. Gonna buy me that silo.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

MaliciousOnion posted:

If I wanted to make a hill bunker type thing, what would be a good material to use for the "hill" part? I was thinking either foam or some sort of clay/epoxy. I'm guessing foam would be ideal, but I don't know how hard it is to work with, particularly if I'm going to be putting doors and such in it. And I'm guessing clay/epoxy would be a bit expensive for something as big as a hill. Perhaps a combination of the two?

Thoughts/suggestions?

use a combination of both. Foam is pretty easy to cut into. Once you get the rough outline of the hill with the foam, cover the thing with spackle.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

I liked your stormvermin. Also, stop stealing my awesome bright orange colour schemes!

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Common concensus is that the Citadel Metallics are some of the best out there.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

I prime my models with spray, in my garage, side door open, usually while having a cigarette. I am the manliest ham here.

EDIT: the side door is open to let out the cigarette smoke.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Try losing the purple and painting the purple bits blue. Then hit the whole thing with God that is Devlan Mud.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

NecronSchmecron posted:

Easy Off Oven Cleaner supposedly will get enamels off plastic. The toxic poo poo, none of that girly NON TOXIC crap.

Easy Off Oven Cleaner is great for getting enamels of plastic and its all I use anymore, just spray it on the models in a bag or bucket, let them soak for a while then scrub it off. Youre right about it being toxic though, but I also smoke while priming so. :v:

Really the best way to fix the problem is to not buy poo poo off ebay.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

I agree with Sole.Sushi.

You havent lived until you have gotten completly off your face on polycement fumes because you assemble your minis in a tiny unventilated room.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Dont varnish your base if you have already put static grass on it though. You should always do that last.

VVV The Grass. Varnishing the grass makes it stick down.

Fuckface the Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 24, 2010

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Thats Beads, Glue, and water effects.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Eyespy posted:

Acrylic Gesso. You can get it at most any art store, it comes in black and white, gives no gently caress about humidity and for ~$12 AUD you can undercoat your whole army with one pot.

This.

The spray paints and primers you get from Bunnings and such are alright for a few bucks, but it aint no krylon flat and paint flows wierd on them. If youre on the east coast, seeming as our country is trying to flood us out at the moment, I would definatly go with gesso. Just handle the model carefully until you have the basecoat down as gesso tends to rub off.

If you have to go to one of those art stores that only sell pipecleaners and poo poo the gesso will be like 20 bucks, but its still cheaper than 22 bucks when you factor in you get half a liter of the poo poo.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Yuu could try milliput, its similar to brownstuff and the exact opposite of green stuff. It is waterbased though, so be careful.

These guys have pretty much everything:
http://store.miniwargaming.com/category/modeling-putty/

Dont know if they are any good though, as im in Australia

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Oh god I need a link for that PV. Also Head 2 is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

The Blue Pyramid posted:

Fun fact: wikipedia says Citadel stopped using lead in '96. The marine's slotta tab says '90, and the commissar's says '95. lead powder yo

Gonna sperg out a bit here, but the date on the slotta tab is when the model was first put into production, not when it was cast. Chances are there is no lead. Still plenty of lead miniatures on the market though. I picked one up the other day.

• Locked thread