Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Zarkov Cortez posted:

Awesome

Is that the new smog stuff :swoon:?

PaintVagrant posted:

The manowars are the best troop models in the entire PP range

The Retribution disagree :commissar:

Actually I quite like the Forgeguard.

Edit, these:

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Hello new project (crossposted from warhammer thread)

Sweet, they look well done. What is your general opinion on them? How prompt did they ship to you? Do I Really want to buy some? (Most likely answer - yes)

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Does anyone know a good recipe for verdigris / weathered bronze?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

asbo subject posted:

Need some advice on thinning my paints.

The easiest way seems to be using dropper bottles to add water so you get the same consistancy every time. I've found various places to get these on the internet but the postage cost for such a cheap item annoys me.

I've looked at the vallejo paints I bought and the dropper bottles look like they don't come apart to easy or go back together easy either. So a screw on dropper bottle top thing would be better.

Any ideas for places to get these, or another way to add a small measured amount of water? I live in the UK so suggestions like walmart won't be helpful.

You can lever off the vallejo lids with a small screwdriver or something. Try going to your local chemist and pick up an eyedropper or empty syringe. I use the latter to transfer paint when I run my airbrush.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

From my experience I have had no problems with tap water, it probably depends on how hard your local water supply is.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

For super pro action:

Paint a metal layer
Stipple latex masking fluid with a piece of sponge
Paint over the metal/mask what ever colours you wanted
Rub mask to remove

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 13, 2009

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I quite like plastic glue - I prefer anything with a brush applicator (Tamiya in this case) or the Revell Contacta Professional and its needle applicator (although that is prone to clogging).

My Keyboard doesn't like plastic glue though :smith:

Click here for the full 700x545 image.

Not mine but I really love that Inquisitor

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 18, 2009

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Really nice chariot there Zakov! Thanks I for the tutorial too, I think I was one of the people asking for one, since I really love what you did with the armour there.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I always thought you'd pull on the base and not the mini itself.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Aranan posted:

This guy did these models with drybrushing and washes. Color me impressed (:downsrim:).

Those are really nice actually. The thing I like most is the dude has painted a 180° facing line on the bases.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Zarkov Cortez posted:

Where can I find a good set of micro files?

People have mentioned the GF9 micro files, I got a set of the "diamond" ones and quite frankly I don't like them.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I have always done black rims. Anything else looks odd to me, especially old school goblin green.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

PaintVagrant posted:

As much as I like the big ship, the 2 smaller classes look too alike and a lot of others have pointed out how the miniature range is quite samey.

Yes I know that this was the case with BFG too, but the it was hidden better by their nature of being giant space cathedrals. The clean nature of that range makes it really stick out.

I know some of it is done for ease of identification for similar groups of ships but for some reason the sizing down of an existing ship just irks me.

(Those Grey Knights look good for just a coat of primer)

Edit - Those medium ships look they are designed to fit additional broadside weapons, is this the case or not?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

PaintVagrant posted:

Nah, the terran cruisers are as-is.

Pity, I think they should have more guns; everything needs more guns.

PaintVagrant posted:

The GKS have a shade on top of the primer ;)

Amazing :monocle:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Not sure about suggestions, but those ideas are looking awesome BL.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 20, 2009

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Does anyone here use a specific lighting setup to paint under?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Posting pros and cons about the various putties you have used would be useful.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

drat those are some sexy GKs there PV. How did you do the silver? If there is one thing I am never happy with is my metals. Any words of wisdom?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

He has been shot (this is why you don't stand at the front people).

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

A blue, green or red are good clan colours.

E: Tin bitz / Brazen brass & Sepia wash for making gold out of silver ala PV

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I love the Blue Warpstone PV. Also Arlaharen where did you get those bases?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

moths posted:

Zombies!

Great warband! (Mordheim :allears:) But I really like these dudes.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

What I have seen people do is glue it to a cheap wooden serving tray. It gives you rigidity + handles for easy transport.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Metal Steam tank. I have that still half assembled because I need to unglue it and take a power tool to get some of those surfaces smooth.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

The weather is really conspiring against me getting some spraying done :argh:.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I like it, go for it as it would be nice to see something different. I remember in escalation there was a grey alternate Cygnar scheme which was pretty bitching.

That reminds me I have a PP plastic heavy warjack kit to magnetize.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Anyone know of any good tutorials for painting FoW US Tanks?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

So how many times have you taken a big ole gulp of paint water instead?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Aranan posted:

/312dcf12e7db620e55328a7d3e564bfcb89d0693/2.jpg]THIS[/url], would you guys say that looks any better?

Is that one of the new plastic kits? If so what is your opinion on them?

To answer your question I think the one in the link looks better

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

It is on the Chaos Warriors sprue.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Arlaharen posted:

This is glorious. And so much other sweet stuff on this page from the oathing thread, great work people!

I finished the new Nemo sculpt this weekend. Here he is on the left beside my old color scheme on the old model. It was one of the first Warmachine figs I painted :unsmith:

I must say you did a good job on this. I especially dig the glasses.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

HARDER FASTER BETTER STRONGER

This is an unnervingly apt phrase for Slaanesh :psyduck:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

It depends on what you want them for? (I quite like the valhalla).

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I like your bone (let me guess Menoth base and Sepia wash?).

As for the basing on the Cryx; I think PV mentioned earlier and I agree, that those lipped PP bases would be good for some sort of water effects.

I think that a swamp base would look good with your Cryx, patches of ground (Sand) and patches of whatever your preferred water method is.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 6, 2010

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Bleached bone (or off white of your choice) + Rotting flesh would be my guess.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

enri posted:

Seconding this, I'll never forget the time I got a piece of epic scale ork battlewagon in my eye :gonk:

I hope this didn't result in an embarrassing trip to the doctor/ER

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Cricondentherm posted:

Anyone know of a decent stippling brush tutorial? I was going to try adding a dapple effect to my Tyranids, but then I realized I had no idea how to do it. My first attempt was just random splotches of color and it looks awful.

Well first you'll need a stippling brush (GW does sell one *snicker*), you can make one by trimming down an older stiffer brush (short and straight bristles).

As for the method, it is basically drybrushing* but with a stabbing motion :ese:.

*As in you want to wipe the paint off your brush.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

crime fighting hog posted:

Exactly. Though I'm going to stick with a slightly darker red than straight blood red because that's too orange for this. I'm terrible at painting flat armor but metals and cloth I'm not too bad at.

Great minds think alike, I am going to paint my high elves in a more traditional scheme, but with red instead of blue (Red trim, red crests, white cloth). Probably with bronze mail too.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

enri posted:

Seconding this, you should never spray for more than a fraction of a second or something stupid like that.

Basically, when you're spraying, aim for:

Psshh... Psshh... Psshh... Psshh...

and not:

PsssssSsSssSsshhhHhhHhhHhhHhhHh

Also, never hold it in one spot, keep moving back and forth with the spray over the model(s) in a kind of sweeping motion.

Lastly, don't feel that you need to cover the whole model in one spraying session. If you've noticed spots you've missed and the model is already heavy with primer, just go do something else and come back and lay down a second coat when they're dry.

I agree with this 100%. Short bursts with a sweeping motion. Usually my process, is spray one side, leave it to dry, rotate and repeat until you have primer on most of the surfaces. I wouldn't worry if you miss the hard to get places either as you should really touch the model(s) up with a brush after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

crime fighting hog posted:

So I painted some Blood Angels High Elves

I really like this scheme and my lovely photography doesn't do it justice.

Woah, Totally not what I expected when you first mentioned your scheme but :hellyeah: those are some awesome looking elves. What did colours did you use on the mail as I uh would like to know for uh research :ninja:

• Locked thread