Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Not to mention a very noticeable moldline on one of the metal sternguard :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fix posted:

Just sand-based fifty models in about an hour. :smug: Now to see if I can get some paint into it without it wicking up onto the models.

~*Sand-basing Krew*~

Honestly I'd do the bases separately if you can manage.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

dpack_1 posted:

Also, White is the worst god drat colour to paint with and i hate myself for choosing High Elves as an army.

Honestly I never contemplated painting white for the short time that I painted High Elves. I'd go with a different complimentary color to the blue and go from there. Maybe a lighter blue, or even brown? I'm thinking either Space Wolf Grey/Ice Blue or Khemri Brown here.

VVV White

bhsman fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 9, 2010

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Dude looks like he's guarding an unusually large sugar cube.

GoodBee posted:

So, I got a couple of gaunts and genestealers from bhsman on Friday, painted them up simply on Sunday, and stuck googly eyes on them this afternoon. I couldn't be happier. I swiped my friend's Hive Tyrant to start painting to add to the mix. He said he would kind of like something in exchange for it. I told him he could have a fully painted Hive Tyrant with googly eyes. :v:

Hells yea :c00l: Can't wait to see how they turned out. What scheme did you end up going with?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

GoodBee posted:

My brother called dibs on this but, gently caress it, he's never going to do it and I want to see it done. I want someone to do a Raptor Chapter Marines army using the Space Wolf codex. Use these guys Make the cav either marines on those guys or Cold Ones and make the wolf pack those guys.

That's crazy, you're crazy. Crazy. I'd recommend these if only because: A) They're plastic and therefore easier to work with, B) They have a harness sculpted on already, and C) Your reaper dinos look a little too spindly to be carrying Space Marines around on. Well, neither are Cold Ones, but you get the point. :v:

Also Maggie is going to be pissed that more people are starting counts-as Space Wolves. :smug:

quote:

I painted that one Raptor Chapter marine and decided if I was ever going to paint marines, that would be the one I would do. But then I realized that my true 40K love was the one I started with, bugs. Especially with googly eyes. I painted a handful of them this week and they make me so happy every time I see them.

They say every time you post about one's own googly-eye'd Nids on the internet without posting pictures, a small child drops his ice cream cone on the dirty ground. You monster. :colbert:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 11, 2010

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Goodbeeeeeee post your Googly Niiiiiids :arghfist:

GoodBee posted:

No problem. He's got the Ulthwe super Guardian army. All painted black and bone.
2 Farseers
13 Warlocks
1 Avatar
32 Guardians w/1 Star Cannon, 1 Brightlance plus crew
20 Storm Guardians
3 Shadow Weavers with crew
2 War Walkers w/Star Cannon/Brightlance
3 Vipers - 2 Star Cannon, 1 Brightlance
3 Jetbikes
1 Shrieker Jetbike
1 Warlock on Jetbike
6 Swooping Hawks
1 Swooping Hawk Exarch

Doesn't the army also have it's own wraithgate tokens or something? :eng101:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
You could paint them in generic Inquisitional colors (dark red and black). Might contrast well with the lighter color of the Sisters

EDIT: For the average Ork player: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/279107.page

bhsman fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 14, 2010

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Find a picture of one on the 'net and hold a sister up to it and decide for yourself.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fix posted:

Oi, PV, what was the silver spray you used for your grey knights?

Probably the silver metal Army Painter spray.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Indolent Bastard posted:

The 'main' warhammer thread is being too busy having a which chaos god hates who and why 90210/the hills type discussion, so I'll drag this here.

How lame is this?

Yes it's mine, I'm going for a Deff Dred. I plan to make it more orky, but should I even bother or is the foundation too crap?

This is just begging to be turned into an Orky Iron Man.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Cakefool posted:

The arms & legs have potential, the chest looks like the glowy power core.

:colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The Librarian is really stunning, I have to say.

Just going to keep this PV reacharound going.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

But those are...bases? :psyduck:

Here's a good head, I used it in a Chaplain conversion awhile back.

EDIT: And here's the Fantasy skull head people mentioned earlier. From personal experience I'll tell you know that should need to trim the back of it a little bit for it to fit on a Marine torso.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 23, 2010

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
What if there's a new codex and they make him field a 4th one, though...:ohdear:

EDIT:

Speaking of which... :ohdear::respek::razz:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 24, 2010

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Amykinz posted:

*CROSSPOSTIN' IT UP!*

(Painting prototype for my sisters army)

Did...did a bird expertly void it's bowels onto her gloves? :ohdear:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

DELUXE KIT (with 2 options picked)

How much for example would the bag with the black and grey basing material cost? I'll probably order some for my birthday. :c00l:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Where can you guys order the white ink?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

anarchywrksbest posted:

I went on a mad painting binge today to finish up my February oath.

So much pink. :o

:tviv:

These rule.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MasterSlowPoke posted:

lmao you all are fawning over a dude who painted a naked lady on his tank

To be fair the whole thing looked pretty tasteful, unless of course he decided to paint another tank with his waifu on it.

PaintVagrant posted:

Just to make sure everyone is aware, there are a loving ton of painters better than me, Im just a local forums celebrity because I emptyquote too much

:q:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

enri posted:

godamn heathens

PaintVagrant posted:

dont give a fukkkk

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Anphrax posted:

White Scars

Step 1-Prime White

Step 2-Paint details

Step 3-DEVLAN MUD. EVERYWHERE. AHAHAHHAHAHAHA-

Step 4-Clean up areas with white

Step 5-Finished! :buddy:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

PaintVagrant posted:

So, that being said. Here's the "rules"

1. Post with content.

:v:

By the way PV can you link your basing thread tia :allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

cool shitpost me in my 84 page gold thread

Actually I was about to just ask for a link to your thread, went to check the OP to make sure you hadn't linked it there instead, and there it was. You should be grateful that I'm doing you a favor. :haw:

Now are you going to let me send you money for once or what?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

Youre a bit of a tease with your :tenbux:, are you ready to commit to a real relationship or are you just pulling my heartstrings again :swoon:

The only reason I haven't sent you the money (or the model) for my commission is because I'm waiting for the new Blood Angels codex to come out, my apologies if I forgot to post that in the thread. :ohdear: But yes I'm hoping to buy some basing material.

Fyrbrand posted:

Here's some kewl content

Fyrbrand I like you man I really do but let's not post that meme here as well. Have some cool models that I like:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

That tau loving owns. I was just busting your chops about the bux, the thread is here give me money kthx
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3271910

Lets all be warhambuds :glomp:

Posted so hard

anarchywrksbest posted:

Finally getting around to painting the Shrine of the Aquila for my local club. :D

Oh Lucius! :whip:

Haha, I was just scrolling down "Hmm, not bad, though it's a little plain...oh, oh hells yea :rock:"

Arquinsiel posted:

Dirty tau look so much less gay than normal tau.

Everything looks more appealing when it's dirty :pervert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Since you've got the main ones covered, how about the Iron Lords chapter?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

White panthers, because in space white people are an oppressed minority and need heroes

This is ironically correct. :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

PV has a tentaclecable-rape fetish :twisted:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

At first I thought it was too dirty and ramshackle for your other works, but it's Orkz so v:shobon:v

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Gryphonne Sepia or DEVLANMUDBADABBLACK

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Thought this was a nifty little guide to painting gold: http://brokendice.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-paint-gold.html

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fix posted:

Which one, which one? Both, maybe? A squad of each?

Click here for the full 1600x743 image.

If I ever start Grey Knights again (c'mon GW, make my day :argh:), I'm just going to paint them, y'know, grey.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
PV, could you repost your Khorne Obliterator? I've got a friend who's starting World Eaters and needs some inspiration.

alcyon posted:

:hawaaaafap:

Really nice stuff here. :)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The Norse team I'm painting were primed white and I'm liking it so far. Maybe I'm becoming a convert? :ohdear:

Oh, wait, the werewolf was primed black and the spots that weren't primed were done over with gesso. :c00l:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Bobx66 posted:

You should really use spray, I find that white gesso doesn't really get even coverage.

Yea, I bought a tiny bottle of the stuff to experiment with, and I could always see through to the plastic underneath. Grey gesso, on the other hand...:allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Miniature of the day: Dwarf Wereshark. No, really.

:rock:

Cakefool posted:

Quick colo(u)r question-

Alpha Legion, basically slightly darker ultramarines with silver trim, Weapons are currently black, grey highlights. I need an accent/interesting bits colour, I was initially thinking red, but :argh: crimson fists, so how about green? Too close to blue? Should I stick with black?

It'll be things like powerfists etc.

I've seen people make a slightly thick wash made from a bright green (like Scorpion or Goblin Green) and wash it in the recesses, like people do with hawk turquoise to give a rust effect. Looks really cool when done right.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Cakefool posted:

Oh great, just realised I did the power armoured guys eye lenses green, do I have to do the Terminators lenses red or blue? :psyduck: My advance planning obviously does not extend to painting little mans.

Ooh, found a skull helmet for my comedy csm, 14 skulls with minimal converting :v:

You paint them...the same color? Also, green lenses on Alpha Legion? :psyduck::psyduck:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Those skulls are sculpted into the model itself, not added. GW sells a bits pack of pewter skulls somewhere on their website, though.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fix posted:

Well, the inks themselves are acrylic-based, and they pretty well behave like pre-thinned down paints. They mix well for tinting other colors (the grey on the basing of those sisters is just FW White and FW black), go where they're drawn, and dry smooth.

Sounds pretty awesome. Doesn't it have some pretty excellent coverage, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Ashcans posted:

I haven't experience with those, but you should know that Chapterhouse Studios is about to go into production of their own bioblades - honestly both versions look good, just wanted you to know about the choices!

Not that I play Tyranids or anything, but if I did I'd probably go with Chapterhouse as well; Maxmini's usually pretty awesome at sculpts but theirs look like giant anime swords and need to be converted to fit onto the arms.

I will say though that CH's Lash Whips are lookin' pretty :wtc:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 23, 2010

• Locked thread