Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Hell Diver posted:

gently caress! I dropped the AoBR Sergeant I was working on and broke off his pointing finger tip.

Now I have to build a little greenstuff fingertip. . . :smithicide:

Model a ripper on his base scuttling away with a fresh meal in its mouth. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Black Templar power fist

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Indolent Bastard posted:

That fist is clearly meant to be the counts as Canis-wolfbutt mount for your new crimson fist army.

Pugnis Fistborn

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I do bases last so I can be sloppy about painting the feet v:shobon:v

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
"Dude, know what'd be hotter than two chicks kissing?"

"Dunno, what?"

:razz::respek::iamafag::fh:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fellblade posted:

I vaguely remember seeing something like the description on the youtube channel of the dude who did all the different marine chapter tutorials.

That was AwesomePaintJob, and I think it was something like a "5 Minute Marines" tutorial. He used some dark-ish spraypaint, then used a lighter color from above to give some faux-highlighting, then just used a blue wash on the armor, gryphonne sepia on the chest eagle, and badab black on the bolter.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Miles O'Brian posted:

Holy poo poo.

The best palanquin :3:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

CyberLord XP posted:

I am Alpharius.

No, I am Alpharius.

:ninja:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I'm personally voting for the blue one, though it might be more difficult to pull off.

PaintVagrant posted:

Frogs and frog related miniatures are the highest form of expression

_____/
:frog:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Jeepers creepers.

But other than that, awesome job

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Anphrax posted:

Example? I'm not really sure what you mean by black line, and I think the wolves are a few pages back :P

He means getting the lines on the model's armor shaded black, either with paint, a wash, or a micron pen. Helps add definition.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

:smug:

:aaaaa:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I need help with a paint scheme for Eldar:

Basically was planning to go about it the same way as PV's guide, but with green. I don't play on it to be quite so dark, I was a bit limited by the painter. I do want it to be kind of dark, like an inverse Biel-Tan. Anything I should do to change it? Also, if I were to paint robes, what would be a good complimentary color?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
That and the eye on the left shoulder pad needs to be red

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Ashcans posted:

I think you should paint up a test figure with whatever shading/highlighting you intend to do, because that flat mock up looks really dull and bad. I would do the undersuit a different color than the plates if you aren't going to vary them up at all, or make sure to do plenty of highlighting.

You also have red/green/white, so right now it looks mostly Christmas elf - make the sash a different color, maybe an orange or pale blue instead.

Yea, the painter I used wasn't exactly big on depth of color or anything.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bhsman posted:

I need help with a paint scheme for Eldar:

Basically was planning to go about it the same way as PV's guide, but with green. I don't play on it to be quite so dark, I was a bit limited by the painter. I do want it to be kind of dark, like an inverse Biel-Tan. Anything I should do to change it? Also, if I were to paint robes, what would be a good complimentary color?

Bringing this up again from earlier, a little google-fu later and I found this...

So yea, I think I'm pretty much going with dark green.

Or maybe just Biel-Tan :fap:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Feeple posted:

bhsman, I've been trying to figure out how to paint my Eldar as well. I have acan of the bone coloured(!) Army Painter stuff, so I'm going to use it. That's the base coat. I'm think recessed/inner parts to be brown, like bestial brown, with a light clear blue for gems/eyes.

That's similar to the idea for my lion marines (RIP :gbsmith:), my only problem was that the spray ran out after what should have covered only about 10-15 dudes. Good luck. :)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zarkov Cortez posted:

That thread alone redeemed the modeling portion of Warseer. Some of the time, anyways. :ohdear:

quote:

the way GW did their helmets for the noise marines looks pretty good too

Click here for the full 873x627 image.

Probably speaking out of my rear end here, but is that tentacle pink highlighted with...dwarf flesh?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Chewbaccanator posted:

Probably. I was going for a similar approach, using warlock purple as a shade to tentacle pink, but the redshirt at the store I went to buy my paint told me tentacle pink was no longer produced by GW. I had to mix my own with purple and white.

I still have a pot that I bought on a lark awhile back, you just need to keep an eye out for under-attended stores. :gbsmith:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Goons uncomfortable being reminded of sculpted male physique itt

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fyrbrand posted:

Someone convert belly button knee into disgusting rear end nurgley sores for plague marines.

Well this being a Slaaneshi conversion...:q:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Indolent Bastard posted:

Does that mean you'd now enjoy getting kneed in the groin?

Such foul thoughts, I was implying it would be part of a power armor-powered speaker system, silly. :colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sole.Sushi posted:

loving liar. :colbert:

Search your feelings, for you know that it would rock :rock:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PaintVagrant posted:

I know some of you guys have archives of cool warham pics, if you could post rad pictures of eldar armies here that would own.

I want ideas!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

:ironicat:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
All these Farseers are just making it hard for me to get started on my own. :smithicide:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Bobx66 posted:

FW is doing an Eldar book after the Ork book right? I hope they revisit the wraithguard kit.

I want to see them make some awesome Exarch and Autarch models. Or even new versions of the Phoenix Lords :byodood::fh:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Ashcans posted:

Pick a number and let me know what you think is best, or pick the secret #5 option for 'your ideas suck' or be nice and suggest better ideas!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
How is he even supposed to reach the straps?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

CyberLord XP posted:

Quick question, what size base for a 40k Lord of change?

I want to say 60mm, like a Dreadnought, but then again stuff like the Daemon Prince comes with a 40mm one soooo...

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I'm planning to start painting this Farseer later today for my green-themed craftworld. I'm thinking of doing green for the outer robe and sleeves, but for the life of me I can't decide on what color to go with on the inner robes. White seems like a good complimentary color but I don't want it to resemble Biel-Tan's color scheme any more than it already does.

Any ideas?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

enri posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

You're looking at new concept art for the eldar range, rumour has it that the guy who sculpted the blood angels will be totally responsible for the entire Eldar range:

"Wait what's so different about this oh goddammit :argh:"

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fyrbrand posted:

:orks:

The mek is looking good, but I'm loving the little grot. Reminds me of :byodood:

quote:

And here is one of my tortoises who wanted to know why the hell babby toys were all over her enclosure wall:

Hell yea :coolfish:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Dale-Taco posted:

I decided to try my hand at modeling for the first time. I am going for ephrael stern.

Hopefully you all will approve. :ohdear:

Looks pretty coo-er, I mean what are you doing posting in the elites' thread, scrub? :colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fix posted:

I have done this thing.

It is bad thing?

Can it teach Samus Aran to morph into a ball?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I was about to say the same thing, but not this time, richyp, not this time. :colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

crime fighting hog posted:

"Where'd he go?"

"VERY SNEAKY"

Splinter Cell: Khador

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
NMM unironically OWNS it owns

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Aetilus posted:

i didn't know that christ's resurrection was part of the maw religion.

I should have guessed that candy gluttony would be able to traverse the cultural barrier

I didn't know rabbits bringing candy in baskets was part of it either, but there you go. :v:

Easter Ogre rules, deal with it.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fyrbrand posted:

fukkkkkk

The smuggest ork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

NecronSchmecron posted:

Does this look like some sort of stone? I only tried this on Chaplain Xavier's "thunder hammer". I thought this would be a little different than the Bronze statue on the box.

Looks close enough if not dead-on. How'd you achieve the look? Lots of Dheneb Stone and Devlan Mud?

• Locked thread