Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Mining for the Greater Good.

Bachtere posted:

Dwarf Lord from the oath thread:

Wow that is stunning. I love the depth of shadow in the NMMs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

I have a stupid question. I have some pictures I recently took and I want to post them here. But the images are too large for waffleimages, how do I shrink down the file sizes?

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Bhyo posted:

Use imgur

Waffleimages is almost constantly down lately. Its miles better. But if you want a free image editing package, get irfanview. Its perfect for just resizing/brightening pictures.

Many thanks!

Ok this is something I recently did for my friends new gaming store, whenever something new comes in it seems I'll be asked to paint them from now on.

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Finished this one of Death Korps last night. drat it, they are so cool but so, so very expensive.

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Looking at the clock, I realized I've put in almost 14 hours of modelling/painting in the past two days. I managed to build base and prime -

20 Devilgaunts
16 hormagaunts
1 Carnifex
1 Zoanthrope
1 Tyrant Guard (the big metal guy with the gun)
1 Hive Tyrant

and with my new airbrush I basecoated the Devilgaunts the zoanthrope and the Hive Tyrant all P3 Skorne Red.

A few more solid days like this and I may have a real honest to goodness fully painted army on my hands!

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

When you paint Genestealers do you paint them the color of your army or do you paint them the classic purple/blue?

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

stabbington posted:

Still need to choose a hair color, currently leaning towards red, but I could be swayed by compelling arguments for others.

You should definitely consider a maroony purple. I'll accent nice off the yellow in the robes...

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Anyone have a spare LR engine I can pick up? I want to try that fancy Battlesuit conversion I keep seeing where you bulk up the leggings
ie:

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Chenghiz posted:

I'm guessing it's Kai'lore from Advanced Tau Tactica. Quite a few fantastic project logs for Tau on that site.

I know him as Sebastian Stuart from his blog, but Chenghiz is probably right about his ATT username. Most of his work is on Advanced Tau Tactica, or on his website here: http://eastern-empire.com/

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

richyp posted:

I know this was from a few posts back, but do you prime them on bases and then remove them and put them on different bases?

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

richyp posted:

Yeah, I usually stick them on some bases while painting other ones separately so I can drybrush the bases without messing up the model then swap them when I'm done. I just find it faster that way I guess.

How do you do it? Just regular super glue? And how do you pop them off to put them on the others. I ask only because I'm seeing a correlation between peoepl who do it your way having nicer looking models, than those who do it my way which is to base the mini completely before priming and paint it all in one go.

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

Got a bit more of my skorne army worked on over the past few weeks. Apologize for the lovely pics, my sister borrowed my good camera.

Yeah, my first thought was clearly "what lovely pictures..." As always, very impressive! I really like the skin on your last guy there, the boar monster guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Hey PV! A while back you did a large batch of city ruins bases. I thought they were awesome. Any chance you still remember how you made them up?

• Locked thread