Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
After a 5 year lay off from plastic men, the GBS threads I have lurked and followed has gotten me to bite the bullet and try my hand at painting again. Basically going to use the AoBR models as tests to try and get the hang of things again.

My question is does anyone have a review from personal use of the P3 primers? I bought both of them, black and white, just to see how they would do. What white primer would you guys recommend over it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Question for some of you more experienced painters, is there a way to "knock down" a highlight to make not so light? Terrible wording I know but the final highlight I used for a test models orc skin (AoBR Boyz)is much lighter than I was expecting and doesn't sit well with the rest of the colors. Is there a way to tone it down or just chalk it up to a mistake?

(No pics as my "quality" camera is just my phone)

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
My first model after 5+ years of not touching anything miniature related, be gentle.

Ps - Forgive the shinyness, had to use my phone's camera since my regular camera's cord has vanished :ninja: and I don't have a light box set up either.

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Just curious if anyone knows a link to either a good tutorial or video tutorial of wet blending when it comes to miniatures? I understand the concept and all but doesn't the actual paint dry out too fast, or are there special additives to make it last longer?

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Primer problem, I was using GW's White primer and after letting it dry I found multiple places where the primer "cracked" and some fuzzy primer spots as well. Is this all due to humidity? The reason I ask, is because I also primed the base of the model(was seperate) with P3's black primer and had no issues other than it takes longer to dry. Just trying to find out where the flub up I made is at.

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Does anyone know where to get smaller sizes of mdf board? I can get one of the large sheets at a home improvement store here but I only need like a 4" x 6" area or slightly larger.

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008

Sole.Sushi posted:

Something about an "ice pallet" I saw before looked interesting, which is one of those plastic pallets attached to a long-lasting ice pack, then the entire thing is wrapped tightly in foil, conforming it to the dimples in the pallet. Not sure how well it works though.

Massive Voodoo Ice Palette

That may be where you saw it, that was the first place I ran across it. It works fairly well but if you are wanting to keep colors over night, the more traditional wet palettes in an enclosure works much better. I use the ice palette when I can sit for a 2-3 hour session of painting. I have the same issue my parchment paper and it's edges, although I am still trying to get a match on the way the main guy on Massive Voodoo does his

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
ATTENTION NC GOONS

I got this today from Gamer's Armory in Cary, NC

quote:

Do you play miniature games?

Would you like to learn how to make terrain using resin?

If so, please join us on Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm for a FREE Resin Molding and Casting Clinic at The Gamer's Armory!

The clinic will provide a basic introduction to the process of latex mold making and resin casting.

The following topics will be covered:

- We will present the materials required for basic latex mold making
- We will demonstrate the mixing and pouring of a latex mold
- We will demonstrate the initial de-molding of master pieces from a previously cured mold.
- we will present the materials required for resin casting
- we will demonstrate the mixing, pouring, curing and de-molding of resin casts.

The clinic will be presented by Mike Tavares and should be great for anyone that enjoys building terrain or wants to learn how to. So whether your thing is Warhammer, Warmachine, Flames of War or Lord of The Rings this should be a great clinic for you!!

Please Note: This is a beginner's clinic to help you learn the basics of latex mold making and resin casting.

The clinic will be hosted by Mike Tavares!

If you are interested in joining us, please sign up at the front register in the Store or send an e-mail to crystal@gamersarmory.com.

Thought this might be a good place to post it as opposed to the actual warhams thread. Sounds kind of neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
So I started messing around with a cheap digital camera I had since I wasn't really happy with the way my cell phone pics were turning out.

Cell phone plus color balancing...Tutorial I went by for color balancing

I used this guide to help figure it out and got lucky I found my user manual for my digital camera online. I was pleased with the results especially with the macro function and white balancing although I still needed to use some color balancing.

Hopefully those links might help any other goons out that are having issues with how their photos are turning out.

I went back in and added snow to the bases as I felt like the bases were too bland for how I did them for the oath in October

Rikthor fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 2, 2013

• Locked thread