Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

posting this here as well, let's say someone was insane and wanted to build a 40k scale zeppelin that was about the size of a valkyrie, would anyone have any advice or resources to get the insane person on the right track?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Aranan posted:

I'm pretty sure that's an epic scale model, just so you know.

Does anyone know where I can get green stuff that isn't GW? I know there's some place that sells a huge bubble-tape style roll of it for cheap, but I can't find it.
if you go to maelstrom games and search for 'milliput' they got all the varieties.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

enri posted:

drat right I don't!

I know

I'll see if I can find any UK distributors I guess, the postage from France was pretty much half of that total.
They sell them on Maelstrom Games.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Get some little bits of fine wire, some plastic rods and a little green stuff and just make some orky-riffic bionic legs, it's pretty hard to screw up since they're meant to look like crap.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

GoodBee posted:

So SMOG is Inquisitor sized? My brother really wants an excuse to paint some of there models and I really want a clockwork praying mantis with a top hat and monocle. Where in the US can you get these things? Preferably a distributor.
I don't have an inquisitor model to compare but from what I remember of how big they are smog is nowhere near as large, I've got Shammock and he's about half the size of an inquisitor model.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Fix posted:

I'm stymied.

I want to paint up some Rhinos for my sisters, but I can't decide what of their colors:

should be the primary color on the tank. Doing white on such large, flat surfaces sounds pretty imposing to me, but the enchanted blue would be to bright and annoying. There's also a lot of grey to them, which could be ok, I guess, but I don't know if that will be too drab, really, and the exact grey I used won't work because, well, it's gesso and that's a no-no for tanks.

I don't suppose anyone has done an online rhino painter like they have with other models have they?

Why not do them as a slightly darker shade of enchanted blue with some white panels? It'll cut down on the eye searing effect while fitting in with the sisters.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

richyp posted:

Before I start highlighting this bitch, do the colours look ok? It's my variation on the Nordland Blue/Yellow.

(White primer was a success this time, thanks to the tips from PV)

How'd you do the yellow and blue on this? It looks really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Bachtere posted:

I've also bought from Maelstrom, both from their store and their ebay store. Picked up a bunch Gamezone minis, mostly Feudal Knights for my Brets but also random cool stuff. Went fine both times.

I'm pretty sure the Smog Minis are resin.
Yep,they're resin. I've got a shammock and cabinet sitting around somewhere (that I've done nothing with.

• Locked thread