Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think he could use a VERY light coat of Badab for some shading but I'm paranoid about making him too dark. He could probably also use a different color for his armor bindings...

A wash of badab wouldn't make him too dark if you put the highlights back on again. Wash it with the black then paint the scales again the colour you have now, maybe with even lighter highlights around the edges of the scales, and I think it would look very effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009
Here's my Space Wolf dreaddy I finished a few days ago.
The wolf head was taken from another model, but the rest of the pelt was my first ever attempt at green stuff, so I'm pretty happy with how that turned out.

ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009

!amicable posted:

The dead dude under his foot looks pretty awkward to be honest. He's really clean looking and his toes are pointing straight up, wicked witch of the west style.

The illusion that he is a crushed corpse just is not working at all and I can't help but focus on it since you made him have MUCH more contrast and interesting colors than the dread itself.

I see your point. The dead guy is a Thousand Sons, so I didn't have too much say in the colour scheme. While the bright sunlight in the photo does pick out the blues more than it does in real life, I understand what you mean.
I wasn't confident enough with remodelling yet to move his feet and re-pose the legs to something more convincing, but the fact that he's been torn clean in two I thought was a pretty good indication that, while "clean looking", he's still very much in need of a band-aid :-P

As for the nurgle purity seal, that's actually a regular one taken from a Land Raider kit.

ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009
Won't that leave very harsh edges to the damaged parts though?
In tutorials I've seen they will specifically paint on a few layers to create depth and different levels of scarring.

ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009
I finally got my first Grey Hunter painted! Other than a few HQ units I've hardly painted a drat thing in my army because I suck as batch painting.
C&C before I go and paint 199 more of these buggers in the same way?

ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009
Does anyone know if a "stencil" along the lines of this site:

http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Vehicles.htm

exists for a Baneblade/Shadowsword?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubermarcus
Mar 17, 2009
People always talk about damaging plastic and metal models while stripping them, but I'm also curious about how it affects green stuff? I want to strip a model I've done a fair bit of converting to, so is dettol/brake fluid/windex going to be just as safe for green stuff as the rest of the model?

• Locked thread