Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

Ok here we go with my first finished guy in a bit,

Librarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

he is, the flash is what makes him look so shiny he doesnt shimmer like that in actual view. Once i have cash money ill be getting a lighting box so i dont need to make him flash like that.

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

Ok here is my test model for my wolves

with flash

without

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

Aranan posted:

gold: mithril, sepia, sepia?

depends on what type of gold your looking for, ive found that if you want a much more burnished look do sepia then drybrush burnished gold lightly and it gives it a kind of shine. I wanna post some pics of my just finished chapter champ tomorrow as he litterally took me a freaking week to paint.

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

Ok its been a while but ive finally found the time to start painting again, and cause im a masochist i decided to paint .... Chapter honor guard! here is my champ

and blurry from the back

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

crime fighting hog posted:

Gonna start coating my stuff. Future works through an airbrush straight from the bottle right? Or I could thin it with some iso alcohol to matte it right?

can always get the testors stuff in spray can, works pretty well.

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

HAHA best reply evar! also i know this is the painting thread but i wanna post up a pic of my conversion i stole from GW and ask for idea's on how to make the base im thinking of.

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

Holy crap its taken 1 1/2 weeks but ive finished him Behold! my chapter banner!

crappy cel pic inc

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

Sole.Sushi posted:

Do you think the Sisters do this? Or maybe they use power weapons. Power rulers.
... Tape measure?

As far as Scurvy's photo goes; base your poo poo, dude.

I made it known that a crappy cel pic was what was being used also yea he is only my second out of 4 with the honor guard. Im going to base them all at once thats why. As for what its missing i dont know but im open to advice on it. The wings arent that bright its just the flash reflected it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Scurvy
May 29, 2009

so i got bored painting my last honorguard and decided i wanted to do some converting. Im doing a space wolves army and really love the story for Bjorn the Fel-handed. After a whole night of converting and assembling i submit for approval
Eldest, Trueclaw, Last of the company of Russ Bjorn the fel-handed!

• Locked thread