Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I love Tamiya primer.

Glad to see that it's got fans, actually came to ask about it as I just picked some up for the first time.

I find priming to be the most frustrating part of painting. Because I find it easier to paint my models in pieces, it makes it annoying to prime consistently. Would anyone recommend priming on the sprue, or is this not a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Hey PaintVagrant, just wanted to say that I got back to my flat after several weeks away and discovered a bling kit with the caretaker. Cheers, it's absolutely packed with stuff. The tips are also A grade, looking forward to basing soon. Not sure if I'll have time to do it for this months oath though.

Attempt at something approaching on topic content: I bloody hate priming, especially in a flat. It is my single worst thing about the hobby.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

As I understand it, it is ill advised to use white gesso?

I wouldn't mind priming so much if I had somewhere well ventilated to do it. It's the whole having the flat of a glue sniffer that I object to.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

I'm looking for comments and criticism on my April oathed Wolf Lord. He's going on my diorama, so he's my first ever attempt at kitbashing, the backpack is missing at the moment as it's still in the post. It was pretty fun to do, I will probably try doing more in the future.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Flip the tassle on the Stormbolter, the sheathed blade looks like he'd get tangled in it, and I don't know if you can fix his sword hand but the wrist is gimpy.

And I don't think he particularly NEEDS the backpack. Looks pretty cool without.

I hope you paint the hair red and on his temples white. He looks like the stereotypical Scottish policeman from 100 years ago.

Did not notice the sword hand until I took the photo. Not sure I can fix it easily without hacking it to pieces.

Have removed the tassel, it looks better I think. Those things are too big.

I will see how the backpack looks when it arrives, I don't like painting them so would be happier to lose it.

The awesome head is from the Wolf Guard set. Those bits are so much better than the two piece Eldar guardians I had over ten years ago.

Any tips for first time greenstuffing?

• Locked thread