Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Fix, what do you use white inks for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Fix posted:

What effect does it have on your white acrylics?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
I'd go with red eyes but otherwise I love it. How does it look quartered?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Devlan Mud posted:

What size Rare Earth Magnets do people shove in the 25mm round bases of small guys? I need something to balance out hormagaunts so why not.

1/4x3/32" but it won't balance out your hormagaunts.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

PaintVagrant posted:

that was maybe the most informative post of all time

Add it to the OP.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
FW is doing an Eldar book after the Ork book right? I hope they revisit the wraithguard kit.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

dpack_1 posted:

Whats the 'double action', its a gravity feed airbrush but what can it transform into for the 'other' action?

We need that sarcasm punctuation mark. But incase you were serious, double action refers to the trigger which lets you control 1. wether or not the airbrush is dispensing and 2. adjust the ratio of air to paint is coming out of the airbrush.

Buy it PV.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
What airbrush is it specifically?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

PaintVagrant posted:

Hey gents, I tested my airbrush by spraying water and it works perfectly. The compressor is dope as hell too.

Whats a good PSI for spraying thinned acrylics?

Mig Jiminez Says between 1-2 bar. I really don't think it is a good idea to paint at over 30 PSI.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

crime fighting hog posted:

Where are you guys getting this ultrasonic jewelery cleaner? I found some cheap ones and expensive ones online, what do you use?

Cheap will do just fine. Got mine for about 18 bucks shipped from amazon. Does wonders. I use it to clean my resin and metal. And I'm told that you can use it with simple green to strip models.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Cakefool posted:

Just ordered £50 worth of molding & casting kit. Don't ask how I justified it to myself...

You justified it to yourself by buying an expensive original to cast. Crunched the numbers and figured out that you would come out on top after making X copies.

I know that game.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Cakefool posted:

Also no, wouldn't feel right.

Trust me. It does.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

R.S. Gumby posted:

I have a few:

Holy crap thats fantastic.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Captain Invictus posted:

either you've been extraordinarily lucky or I've been unfathomably unlucky then

You are just unlucky. I've ordered tons of FW kits and the only issue I ever had was once a minor detail chipped off of a turret in shipping.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
What medium is your matte? Acrylic? Are you thinning it with anything?

EDIT: If you have some ventilation:

Pick up a bottle of Future Floor Polish and some Tamiya Flat Base, and chuck you glosscote and dullcote cans in the trash. Mix the Flat Base with the future about 1 part for 4 for a good dullcote that is fully airbrushable. Applied over a first cote of Future Gloss and your figure will be tough as nails (no need to thin the glossy Future either...spray as is!).

Bobx66 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 17, 2010

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

crime fighting hog posted:

Picked up some Vallejo crackle mix and glaze medium. My soul grinder is gonna look piiiiimp

Extremely excited to see how crackle works on the flat surfaces of a soulgrinder. What color scheme are you thinking? Don't forget to test it out!

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
I am interested in sub $160 dollar compressors with a tank. That is as cheap as I can find them on ebay. Anyone have one?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Tadhg posted:

:neckbeard: I just painted 30 ork shootas with my first Citadel metallics: Mithril Silver darkened with a few drops of Vallejo Black.

Oh my jesus god gently caress, it was AMAZING. The paint mixed with black evenly. It thinned down smoothly with just a couple drops of water. It didn't dry up during the two hours that I was painting. It didn't clump and turn my brush into a stiff straggly piece of poo poo if I got into the zone and forgot to rinse the brush often enough (:argh: Vallejo!).

And it painted like silk. Coverage was like liquid loving silk.

I didn't know painting metallics could be this wonderful... :negative: I didn't know!

Why didn't I learn about this until *after* I painted the other 170 loving orks this month?

Ya GW's metalics are just about the only paint I use from their line anymore. Their washes are another story. On a related note, why didn't you just buy Boltgun instead of mixing mithril? More control?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

God drat.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the new Damon Prince model really isn't up to the standards of recent releases? There have been some incredible plastic kits coming out and comparatively I think that the DP is a step backwards.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Limp Wristed Limey posted:

Has anyone got the Forgeworld masterclass book? Is it worth the money? I am also thinking about picking up some weathering powders as I want to step up my game a bit when it comes to painting vehicles.

Its really awesome and it has a few techniques that you are only going to find in that book. I really like it and I thought it was worth it. Doesn't fit on my shelf though.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Silhouette posted:

Congratulations, you've discovered dipping

Congratulations, you're a dick!

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Miles O'Brian posted:

Welp, I tried to make the stock Exorcist a little less ridiculous, but keep some of the flavour. What do we reckon, better or worse?

A+ Is this from the left over parts from the mix up with GW?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Mondian posted:

Tiny, its like 50mm. I was thinking of just making something bigger or using that big Trygon base, so I could scatter a few dead marines, maybe a sanguinary priest or something alongside whatever he'll be gripping.

e: Tiny compared to him, that is. Here's a size comparison with some random stuff on my table.

Excellent taste in models and cigarettes.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

ineptmule posted:

I just got some Forge World bits and some of them are quite bent, I remember a while ago someone talking about bending resin back into shape but can't remember how to do it. Any suggestions?

Run it under hot water for about 30 seconds, bend, repeat. Be careful.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Calico Noose posted:

Click here for the full 800x598 image.

Is it just me, or do those scouts look a little bit like they're just wearing Speedo's?

The cod piece is the first section of the power armor that an initiate receives.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Gr3y posted:

I'm not planing on doing eyes or anything. But would this one give me a tight enough spray to do faces: http://www.harborfreight.com/deluxe-airbrush-kit-95810.html ?

No. That is only going to work for priming and basecoating. You will have to do the faces with a brush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
This one is my favorite:
http://www.gf9.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=261

Also you can't really go wrong with the GW one either.

• Locked thread