Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMCOCK
Apr 17, 2004
IMPROPER USE OF INVERTED COMMAS HOOVER! IMPROPER USE OF INVERTED COMMAS!!
I'm deployed to Afghanistan and trying to paint up an Imperial Guard army while I'm here since I work two out of the twelve hours I'm on shift. Even with that much open time, I really don't enjoy using a brush to prime my models, super tedious. I can't order any spray primer since it would end up on a plane at SOME point. That being the case, can anyone give a suggestion on how to save time on this part of the hobby? I was thinking maybe airbrush since we have a giant air compressor here, but I thought I'd fish for ideas first. Now that I'm to the end of this post though, its looking like hand painting or airbrushing are probably my only options, hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMCOCK
Apr 17, 2004

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Are you priming by hand with paint or gesso? because if you're using pint try gesso, much easier.

PV how did you do the bases on the grey knights? I wanna steal it

I'd never even HEARD of gesso. I'm using Vallejo paint and white primer

DOOMCOCK
Apr 17, 2004
I can get just about anything through the internet/mail order. Except things that have been determined to be dangerous on a plane, ie. spray cans. Maybe I'll look into that at least if its easy to use though.

• Locked thread