Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Where in the world are those minis from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ooh, that looks a lot better. I like that a lot!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Adrian Finol posted:

I am a 100% convinced this Minitaire "Flat Coat" is actually Gloss. This model might as well be made out of glass after spraying it with this thing.

Not the same thing, but the brush-on stuff I have settles something fierce and literally requires a full 20 minutes of shaking (the bottle has no agitator, but still) before it has been mixed enough to be matte.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

richyp posted:

Had ago at painting some OSL, I was going to do it on my Plasma Cannon/Gun guys but I'm not sure I can make it look convincing enough to bother ruining the base colours.

Um... that's... loving rad, dude.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Flipswitch posted:

Go paint up some Corvus Belli models Gaylord, those are beautiful and I love seeing Infinity minis done justice. A sculpt with Ajax the Great. :allears:

As someone who is painting Ajax this month, I beg you please do not do this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cross-poostin' some Alephs.

These dudes are tons of fun.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oxford Comma posted:

So I was painting a female character's skin. I decided to try out the Reaper Fair Skin Triad. Its really my first attempt at painting either human or female skin. So I don't know how much of this issue can be put on me, and how much can be put on Reaper. But...it seems like the differences between the paints is fairly slight. So when I do the face, the shadows, mids, and highlights are really almost the same. Is this because of the paint or because I'm a goon with mediocre painting skills.

The dude on the left in the post above yours was done with the same triad and a bit of sepia wash around the edges. It's a pretty narrow spectrum, and I often will use something in the tanned or ruddy range to do deeper shadows, but I like the fair skin group.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This is boss as gently caress.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey guys, I think Hellbeard might be getting kinda good at this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

WIP'd Ajax, posting him before I go and screw him up by scrawling freehand on him like a talentless child.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Make an aquatic necron force. Say he's made of coral. Drape them in seaweed.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Not a viking posted:

Behold! The future of miniature gaming!

More like the future guaranteed income source of cease and desist and takedown lawyers.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, that is a really dope scheme.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oxford Comma posted:

Ok, its not just me, then. I wonder if I can still paint on it and have things work out alright or if I need to reprime. ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!

Probably ought to consult this post.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How did you like the Bones stuff, Bachtere?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kinda this. Wanna see you darken that black. Photograph wise, you're doing fine. It may look different in person, but what you've shot looks great. If anything, note your camera settings and run with it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Maybe check out some of the Westerners from Hell Dorado?

Is that more in the direction of what you're looking for?

Or if you want to be a bit more of a badass...

Fix fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 9, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

moths posted:

There's also these guys:

And if you can figure out where they're from please tell me. All I know is that they showed up on this tumblr and I want them. They may be the historical "Goat Riders." I just don't know.

Something from here, it would seem.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yessir, I do believe that's a pretty cool looking model right there.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Congrats, dude! It is a great paint job.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

moths posted:

It's more 1983 Omni magazine than what I was hoping for - any suggestions?

I suggest you stop touching it because it's loving great. I mean, on top of the paint job, what a great shot!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Not a viking posted:

I think I know where my next treeman and forest dragon is coming from:

http://www.creaturecaster.com/pages/kickstarter

:aaaaa:

To the wingtips, that Lord of Change is two feet tall. On a 50mm base.

edit: No it isn't, I'm just a moron!

Fix fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 18, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Weekend project: Paint up a team display board:

Gonna cram four armies onto this thing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Icon Of Sin posted:

So this is my WIP for the oath thread:

I was wondering how to go about doing some black lettering on the book. Do you just use a really fine brush, some kind of paint pen, etc? Or do I just need to lay off the coffee for an afternoon so I'm not shaky when I try to freehand it with a small brush?

Grab a set of Sakura Micron pens and just write on there. Other companies also make pens of comparable size, but Sakura gets the most love around these parts, usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Z the IVth posted:

Or, blowing my own horn here, why don't you try some of mine?

All flat with no harnesses.

http://z4miniatures.blogspot.com

Buy robots from this man. I love my Pendekars.

• Locked thread