Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Apparently there's a Harbor Freight store actually here in Lincoln, NE. Anyone looking for anything particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I have never been. I'm fairly new to Lincoln as it is

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
A full day of pulling off old bases and starting to re-do. I have sand, gravel, static grass, and detailing bits. Someone please give me the idiot's guide to basing miniatures.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Dumb joke, nm

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 16, 2011

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Must... have... lemur cleric...

Crap, can't link. It's under Reaper miniatures, special edition figures

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I would go full Ham and put one of those decals on my car. That's how much they rule.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Gonna get the Emperor peeing on a 9-point star

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I picked up some Malifaux figs today and the cast was really poor quality, and very soft metal. Is this a common thing for them?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I am mostly used to GW metals, and the weak points were thin bits like shovel handles and swords.

As far as the quality, it was mostly a shallowness. Hard to explain, but it was like the old Partha figs that were really thin front to back. Detail was there, but not "substance" if that makes sense. If that's how they are, then that's how they are I guess.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'm still lugging around my metal dread and land speeder. I cringe at the thought of dropping it on my toe.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

ghetto wormhole posted:

Do they have picnics? Are they any good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj9dLksw2p0

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
By chance, I have a blue discovery. Vallejo Ultramarine is like half a shade lighter than GW. Easy shading, yay!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Make me paint. I have all my stuff out on the dining room table and just can't be assed with starting.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Miraculously, I'm now half-done with a squad of TH/SS termies. The power of fear (of a bag of dicks).

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
And how far is Bellevue from Lincoln?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Just picked up some Squadron white putty for gap filling.

How toxic is this stuff? Do I need to wear latex gloves to smooth it around a base? Any tips appreciated.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
So the GW basing kits come with resin bits for decoration. They are very thick chunks of resin. Should I just saw off the bottom centimeter and be damned if it's not even?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
What is a "blister sponge?"

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Last time I was in Gauntlet Games they had a couple sets of pigment powders, CFH. Not Forgeworld, but powders.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I think if I want to fully use the new GW paints I'll have to re-teach myself entirely. Trying to follow their schema just looks terrible when I try.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

CrotchPheasant posted:

Anyone able to identify a couple models? A friend picked them up from a bits box and the only thing the guy at the FLGS could tell him is that he was sure they weren't GW.

Doomtrooper/Mutant Chronicles. The guys with the berets are Imperial soldiers.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Khadhul posted:

What are the robot-looking things on the second shelf from the bottom? They look pretty cool.

Kind of look like Space Crusade dreads.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My LGS is starting SAGA, so here is the beginning of my Saxon warband. I am a crappy painter and worse photographer, but I'm proud to have gotten them done.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
You know what Inquisition model I love and never got wide release? The sister Hospitaller. It only came in one retinue box.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
When using the sonic cleaner, do you use Simple Green in the machine or water? Will Simple Green tarnish or harm the bath?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Any advice for shading/highlighting pink horrors? I basecoated with Liquitex Magenta 6 spray, which is VERY similar to old tentacle pink.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Tell me not to buy a Tomb Kings sphinx body to graft onto a soulgrinder.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
It's... so beautiful.

And 30 extra dollars for the bits.

edit: Screw it, ordered.

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 25, 2014

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I don't LOVE the Finecast on my Lord of Change, but assembling this in metal would be murder.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Krylon has flat and gloss varnishes. Has anyone tried these? They're a LOT cheaper than Testor's if they're any good.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Thread, check your local Michael's. Mine is clearancing all its Liquitex spray paints.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Post 9-11 User posted:

Never again. When Michael's Arts And Crafts closed they had a 90% off sale. I still have plastic plants for terrain to this day, the sale was about a decade ago.

I won't pretend addiction isn't a problem.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does anyone have a good tutorial for push-molding green stuff bases with oyumaru/magic mold?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Now I feel foolish. Do I need to coat the mold with vegetable oil or something first?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Someone inspire me, because right now I hate painting SO MUCH.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Careful, some of those threads are NSFW for nekkid figures

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Marvel at how much character we had, and weep at its loss.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does anyone have a recipe for a light grey wash suitable for white armor? I'm starting up a Scyrah WMH band.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does anyone have a good recipe for a soft grey wash? I'm going to start up a WMH Scyrah force and the white armor is going to be a big issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Has anyone used the Vallejo pale grey wash? How did it work?

• Locked thread