Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I really like Ricky Gervais, but the movie itself wasn't very good. I think the first 30min are funny just because you're seeing this other way of life really. People blurt out what they are thinking because for them to think it and not say it would be a form of lying.

I'm glad they tried to do something with the plot because a 90min movie of nothing but that would have gotten old, I just wish the whole religion bit wasn't it. I get it Ricky, you're an atheist and you think religious people are idiots. The podcasts have shown it (and really beat the drum to death in the last couple) and now you have a whole movie to do it with. I'm not a religious person myself, but I'm almost insulted because of how badly this movie is thrown together. It smacks of a 15 year old kid who has decided he's an atheist, knows everything, and mocks anyone different. Just because the writing is a little smarter doesn't make it much better. I agree about some of the funny scenes like reading the new rules and the stained glass window but there was too much "I'm smart, you're stupid" and not enough good movie.

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU