Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I was shocked at how much of a beast my Stinger was in deep snow, even with all seasons on it (The winters needed to be replaced and there was less than a year left on my lease so I said gently caress it - I have the Focus for when it's really bad). Thing just did not give a gently caress and passed stuck SUVs left and right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Prius AWD is going to be mostly useful for getting unstuck, going up a slippery hill, or driving on a road that is somewhat managed in a snowstorm like an interstate or major highway. Due to ground clearance you'll run in to the snowplowing problem relatively quick (where your bumper acts as a snowplow and builds up a nice big pile of snow) and basically no amount of power and traction will solve that issue.

My general opinion is that if you really need AWD for poor weather traction you are relatively likely to need more ground clearance as well. AWD for high power applications, that's a different story.

True itís the same predicament Iím in, but my job literally involves driving worst condition imaginable through high snow depths so now I want a ludicrously expensive 4x4 pickup (more specifically hopefully talk myself into a used sr5 because paying 35k for a used trd off-road is lol).

But thatís a recent development for me, before I took this job, I still lived in winter climate and went to the mountains and 99.9% of the time snow covered mountain actually boils down to slick but recently plowed road that almost any car on snow tires can handle. Buying lifted vehicles comes with a whole lot of disadvantages for slick highway driving if you ask me and not even considering it in the dry.

Anyways gently caress it letís all buy Broncos with lockers for 45 k

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if you're buying a taco you might as well buy new