Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tytanium
Oct 27, 2006

YASSEAH!

wide stance posted:

Desperately need advice on a new car. I have no idea what I want.

Proposed Budget: $25k?
New or Used: Don't know!
Body Style: 4 door or hatchback. Compact or midsize.
How will you be using the car?: Commuting 16 miles round trip. Running errands and occasionally hauling stuff.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?) Bluetooth and USB would be nice, but not a must. Don't really care about high performance.
What aspects are most important to you? Decent winter weather handling as I live in MN. Although as a baseline I drove a 2003 Toyota Corolla with all season tires no problem. Resale Value and depreciation (who knows where I'll be in 6 months and also I hate cars). Good outward visibility. At least 30 MPG combined so I can look myself in the mirror. Comfort, I have a 33" measured inseam. Automatic transmission.

I mentioned the Corolla...I HATED driving it because of the cramped seats and typical compact sedan visibility. I drove a Honda Fit during an hourcar rental and loved it but I'm very concerned about driving up hill in the winter to my parking spot. I really don't want to have to put winter tires on it. I've driven lots of mid-size sedans for work rentals and liked pretty much all of them.

Also I don't have a car which makes car shopping very difficult...

A 2012-2013 Ford Focus would meet most of your needs (except it doesn't have available AWD), has Microsoft Sync/Bluetooth and MyFordTouch. A Titanium premium spec hatch MSRPs at about 25k, but I gamed around a couple dealers in my area and got a quote of 21,750 for a Titanium Premium with winter package and upgraded wheels. I'm 6'8" and it fits me easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU