Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

Since we're on repainting, just out of curiosity, what is the cost to get a vinyl wrap on a car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

I ditched the idea of an old truck. The mazda 6 is my favorite looking mid size sedan, and it seems like you can get a good deal for $6-8k. It seems to be impossible to find these in manual, but I'm willing to accept that. Any big differences mileage/maintenance wise on the 4 cylinder vs 6?

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

I need help brainstorming cars to window shop at for the next month. Right now my plan is to slowly start test driving cars and lowballing dealers since I'm in no rush to buy right now.

It needs to be a manual transmission. The next biggest priority is reliability. I have owned a miata for 5 years and I'd like something bigger, especially if it makes it easier to move my hands in the engine bay, so a non clown car is preferred. I would prefer rear wheel drive, although that isn't a dealbreaker.

Budget is $13k

So far the three that have come to mind are the Acura TL (04-08), Nissan 350z, and Ford Mustang GT (05+)

Acura TL
Pros - looks nice, roomy, honda reliability??
Cons - front wheel drive

Nissan 350z
Pros - good handling, good reviews, lots on the used market
Cons - storage space

Mustang
Pros - :911:, big aftermarket
Cons - not good in the twisties

Back it up Terry fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 23, 2013

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

Phone posted:

If you think that the Miata is a hard car to work on and has a cramped engine bay... :psyduck:

I think I spent more time figuring out how to contort my hands/wrenches than actually fixing things. I'm spoiled now with an old f150.