Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

PittTheElder posted:

Maybe this is more of a general finance question, but does anyone happen to know of a calculator to tell what the value of a dealer zero percent finance loan actually is? I'm sure I could write one myself in excel or something but :effort:

I'm trying to evaluate the difference in taking a new car at zero percent, vs a two year older used for a few thousand less (which would probably have to be a cash buy, since as near as I can tell no bank offers low interest car loans around here :canada:).

Another part of this calculation is your opportunity cost of paying up front. If you kept that money for a year or two, what would it earn if you e.g. invested it as retirement savings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I want to say thank you to this thread, askers and answerers both. I still know approximately nothing about cars, but reading a few dozen pages of posts for a week answered just about all the questions I came up with (and added several I wouldn't have thought to ask). All y'all are wise and generous with your time, and I appreciate it!