Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hey, need a recommendation on a minivan/suv no more than 25k that will be good in a cross-country roadtrip with two adults a baby and a dog, and hauling lumber on a semi-regular basis. We will be trading in our beloved prius for it.

Hybrid if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nitrox posted:

A plug in hybrid Chrysler Pacifica will drive something like 30 miles on electric alone, which is how they routinely show 50+ mpg on fuelly. The instant torque is also nice

https://www.fuelly.com/car/chrysler/pacifica/2018/chrissbu/612015

Looking at minivans right now. Is the Pacifica worth considering?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nitrox posted:

I've been buying minivans for a decade now and went Voyager, Odyssey, Sienna, Grand Caravan, and now Pacifica. If buying used, you pay less for equivalent Chrysler product, but statistically they are more problematic. In my personal anecdotal experience, Honda had the best road dynamics and the most expensive problems. Sienna felt like the most boring appliance and came with the least amount of options, especially at the price point. But after 60k/5 year mark, The Chrysler products give you top tier luxury options for nearly half the price. It's worth it to me, and may be too you as well. Good luck

I'm looking for reliability and value. What's a good cheap-ish and safe minivan?