Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007

Strict 9 posted:

Got a call today from my dealer. Said he was interested in buying back my 2010 Honda Pilot. Said I could have the same payment on a new 2012.

I assume I lose in this deal, right? The way I see it is I owe about $20,000 left on my loan. They're offering me a new 2012 car for basically my original loan amount, $26,800. So that means I'm paying $6,800 for a new model. Which just doesn't seem worth it. I mean when I go to sell the car in 5-10 years, I'll get some extra money because it's 2012 and 2010, but no where near $6800. And I do get the benefit of the extra things the 2012 model offers, but I probably wouldn't pay more than maybe $500-$1000 for those.

Do you really think the dealer would call you and make the offer if he wasn't going to come out ahead?

I'd pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007
*double post*

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007

Harry posted:

$8500 sounds pretty high for a 10 year old car.

The Celica is the kind of car you would have to pay the ricer tax on.