Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
Hello thread. My wife's car recently got into the middle of a 4 car bender. Although it's technically maybe still drivable, it's a 2006 corolla north of 200k miles that's lived a good long life so we're in the market for new car.

Proposed Budget 30-40k
New or Used New
Body Style 4 door, same rough size as her corolla.
How will you be using the car? CA Bay Area commuter with enough cargo for Costco runs.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos? I like gizmos, but luxury isn't super important.
What aspects are most important to you? Automation and safety. We're planning on having a kid in the next few years, and every fender bender and ding we've ever had could have been avoided with autobraking and collision avoidance.

We've been thinking of getting an EV circuit installed in the garage where it would be parked, and there's EV hookups at her work parking.

Looking over the thread I see that Priuses are a top choice, and Toyotas have been good to us. What model?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU