Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Newer Audi TT/a5? They would require premium gas but hit all the other buttons.

edit: didn't see the "new"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Dodge Dart?

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Sits on Pilster posted:

I probably should have clarified: what's unclear to me is the connection between lower average used car prices and higher inspection standards.

It could very well cost an extra 2 grand a year average to keep the boxter running, this lowers its value as you could instead just get a newer one which requires less maintenance.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh I see. Is the Audi RS6 only a European car? I was just wondering because on a top gear re-run I saw they preferred it over the BMW M3. It sounded like a fantastic car.

Never let anything said on Top Gear influence a purchasing decision or even a personal opinion.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

My current car (2004 audi TT V6) is finally starting to show it's age, with some large looming maintenance costs coming up, so I'm looking at buying something new.

Proposed Budget: $18k - $25k, possible stretch to $28k. I don't care about the actual cost, so much as the depreciation rate.
New or Used: either, but if used: under 30k miles. Other caveat would be a car I can get parts easily for. This is the main reason I'm selling the TT, as the V6 model was a very small production run, and every time something unique breaks it takes 10 days and 10x the price to get it from Germany.
Body Style: (e.g. 2 door? 4 door? sedan or coupe, no convertibles.
How will you be using the car?: Commuting 2 miles, with bi-weekly 2 hour highway drives.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?) Can live without.
What aspects are most important to you?
-Fun to drive is paramount. I don't need (or want) a track rat, but my TT struck a very good balance of being fun/fast, and still being comfortable enough on long drives.
-Looks, although this is subjective
-Pandora over bluetooth
-FWD/AWD, as I will be using it to commute in Wisconsin.
-Nothing with even less storage capacity than my TT.

Right now I'm planning on test driving the fiesta and focus ST's, as well as the mazda3 and 6. Some consideration is being made for the 2015 WRX, but I would need to do some more research regarding depreciation in comparison to the other models. I'd be lying if I didn't say that these choices are made entirely on the fact that I love the looks of these redesigned models, so I'm asking here to see if there are some good options I am overlooking.

Full Circle fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 25, 2014

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

What about a used Ford Tuarus SHO? I see lots of under 30,000 mile 2011 Taurus SHOs on Autotrader around me for ~$25k, and 350 lb-ft of torque from 1500 to 5000 RPM should be more than fast enough for you. It's also AWD, with great parts availability because the engine is shared with the F150 and the body with fleet vehicles.

On the downside, fuel economy will be pretty terrible and despite being really fast it's never going to be a sports car. I'd definitely go drive one and see for yourself.

That's actually a good option I hadn't considered, so thank you. My only reservation is to get one with decent mileage (at least where I am) it ends up awfully close in price to a 2015 WRX, which I prefer the look of, even if the interior isn't on the same level.

EDIT: I did find a few more in my price range, and I think I'll try and find one to test drive. My only real reservation is the sheer size of the thing. Anyone have reccomendations for something a bit smaller? I'd prefer something in the range of say a fiesta to a fusion

Full Circle fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 25, 2014

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

So I got a chance to drive the mazda3 and 6, as well as a focus and a fusion. Sadly the only ST was a fiesta in the showroom, so I'll need to give those a go once the dealer gets some but I figured I'd post my thoughts here if it may be helpful for people.

The fords really seem to have their poo poo together, the cars feel very well put together and even the lower trimmed interiors really feel great. My main beef with both of this is that electric steering really feels atrocious coming from a nicely weighted Audi steering rack. I'm hoping the STs feel better, hopefully someone can comment on that?

The Mazdas, as expected, rode much nicer at least in my opinion. The suspension was firmer and the steering, while electric, felt very competant. The interiors on the other hand just felt cheap, even the decked out grand touring trim just didn't seem up to snuff, and the base mazda3 interior was absolutely dreary.

Also, holy gently caress those Taurus's are loving massive. I took one look at it on the lot and decided against it.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Anyone mind sharing opinions on the 2009+ Infinity G37 range? A G37x coupe seems to tick all the boxes I would love to have, with AWD, 2 doors, plenty of power, and nearly nonexistent maintenance costs since I change my own oil.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Kraftwerk posted:

The dealer is trying really hard to sell me an expensive extended warranty on the 2014 Mazda 3. They insist because I have all these features I will end up having an expensive repair 3 years later.

I do plan to keep this car a while. Do I really need a warranty?

Your dealer is telling you the car they are selling you is a piece of poo poo. They clearly have some unscrupulous motives.

Thet wouldn't be pushing it on you if it wasn't insanely profitable, and it wouldn't be insanely profitable if it was a good idea for the end consumer to buy it.

Full Circle fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

drat, have you considered converting to horse and buggy?