Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
Proposed Budget: 15k and under.
New or Used:used
Body Style: 4 doors.
How will you be using the car?: around town grocery and errand car with regular driving at 65 to 85 mph highway during traffic so it may be stop and start bad at those speeds. Also used for 6hour drives long distance i.e. from philly to Boston and back in a weekend a few times during the year. Used every month for 2 hour drives from philly to Newark. Need to fit two suitcases and a carryon for airport trips.

What aspects are most important to you? (e.g. reliability, cost of ownership/maintenance, mpg in that order.

Currently have a 2006 Camry that's starting in on some pricy repairs.

Found a bunch of Honda civics and also some Prius gen 2s for right at the 15k budget. I'm guessing the Prius is better than the insights at that price but those are also available. Near philly if it matters. Any other names or model years I can look out for that will be closer to the 12k price point if not lower?

Thanks.

king of the bongo fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

2013 Prius 3 with 50,000 odometer for 13,800USD? I'm leaning towards it, any naysayers?

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

I found some 2011 for 11000 and bought a 2013 one for just under 13000. I do exactly the same driving as you and it is perfect for that. You do lack some creature comforts but I pay like 19$ in gas every 7-10 days. If you get one with a PWR button, it's kinda hilarious to use compared to the normal EV mode.