Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I want to buy an electric AWD or 4WD. It seems that any electric car with two motors would meet the base requirement. Some good ground clearance would also be a bonus (My current 2001 Subaru Liberty AWD with low range does the job fine). Needs at least 80 kms range with more being better. Also :australia:

Proposed Budget: Up to around $50,000 US

New or Used: I'm OK with used but new seems a reasonable proposition with electric cars.

Body Style: Tiny SUV would sum it up. It doesn't need to be big but good ground clearance is ideal.

How will you be using the car?: It's a daily driver on a 30 km trip (one way) 15 km are dirt and 2km are rough steep dirt.

What aspects are most important to you? reliability, ecology.

If you do not live in the U.S. you should probably say so because what's available can vary a lot. Australia so needs to be 100% snake proof.

I'm amenable to fuel powered alternatives but they'd need to do ~5l/100km (50mpg) to be a winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Re :- Electric SUV

Thanks for all your replies. I had done a bunch of on-line research and not found anything with a small enough price tag. Figured I'd ask the experts. The price of Electric cars has to come down soon, so I guess I'll just wait. Also lol at anything to do with a Jimny. I bought one new and it was a complete POS right out of the box. Not a genuine 4WD with lots of completely unoffroad worthy elements. Avoid, unless you are driving into one. The owner will thank you.