Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

My current car (2008 Honda Civic) got caught in a flash flood and the water is high enough that I am assuming my car will be totaled when I can bring it to an appraiser. So, I would appreciate some advice in getting another vehicle.

Proposed Budget: 10,000 - 15,000
New or Used: Used
Body Style: 4-door car
How will you be using the car?: I have a long commute to work. About 40 highway miles each way. I put on about 30,000 miles a year. I occasionally will make long road trips for vacations, as well.
What aspects are most important to you?: MPG and reliability are the most important to me. I live in a fairly isolated place so the less often I have to bring the car into town, the better. Cruise control is a must. I do not need anything like GPS or satellite radio built in. Power locks and windows would be nice.

I actually really liked my Civic. I would get between 36 and 38 MPG on my normal work commute, so I would like something comparable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU