Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fat bossy gerbil posted:

How ruthless can I hope to get on a Rio? The local dealerships have them for 15,150 and I’ve never bought a new car so I don’t know exactly how much they’ll haggle.

That sounds expensive for a Rio, but I'm a little out of touch. I bought a Ford Fiesta 1.0T for $12,900 taxed and out the door new 6 months ago, but that's also a dead car that the manufacturer has been trying to get rid of: https://jalopnik.com/you-can-get-an-awesome-deal-on-a-ford-st-or-rs-right-no-1825650235

What matters is your taxed, full number including all the dealer bullshit fees, and that varies by state and by market. Looks like Rios aren't being deeply discounted, under $15k OTD is a sane range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I’ve literally done this a year ago no sweat. If you’re talking to volume dealerships they know what you’re doing but don’t give a poo poo since they just want to move units.

I don't think every city is big enough to have a "volume dealership". Of the dozen Ford dealers in Houston, 3 of them would do this and just move cars as fast as possible for holdback alone w/ no doc fee.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Is a Chrysler product that costs $10k more than the competition but burns $1k less fuel annually likely to be cheaper to own in the long run, or is the Hybrid Pacifica likely to cost a fortune to keep fixing? I'm curious which of these four options is likely to be cheapest to own long-term: Pacifica Hybrid, Odyssey, Sienna, Grand Caravan.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=39483&id=38764&id=39726&id=39622

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

thylacine posted:

Turning a wrench and doing basic stuff doesn't really cost that much when you have a car-wise dad and a garage full of tools+Youtube to help you out. I'm sure I spent more on gas during the time I owned those cars than maintenance.

Now yes, if you're scared to open the hood go buy a new car or less than 5 years old car, but plenty of us can manage fine with older used cars, it's not that big of a deal.

"Basic stuff" doesn't include extensive A/C repair work ($1200-2000) or automatic transmission replacement/rebuilding ($2000-4000), and that's the kind of stuff that goes wrong in 20 year old cars.

If you're penny-pinching normal people can do their own brakes, cooling system, alternator, debug electrics, etc, but those two big jobs are the major killers of beaters. You can put in a used transmission, but that's outside the comfort zone of most home mechanics.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

JayKay posted:

Someone talk me out of getting a BMW E90/E46 or E39/E60 in the 100k-150k mileage range as a commuter car. I like to work on my own cars (experience with Jeeps, Subarus, Honda, and Saab). I'm well aware that these can either be super reliable or horrible money pits (Again, I've owned and maintained multiple Saabs, I'm a glutton for punishment. :v: ) I tend to do the beater route and drive it till the wheels fall off.

If I do go with a 10-15 year old BMW is there anything specific to look for/avoid? (Like early '00 Saabs with sludge, or Subaru's with Headgaskets) It seems like the basic "Well maintained with records" is the name of the game as usual.

Trying to keep it under $5000 and from looking at Craigslist, that gets me anywhere from 2000-2007 and 110k-170k,

You probably want to avoid turbos. The N54 engines will probably be wanting turbo replacement around that time, unless the owner got incredibly lucky and changed their oil more often than BMW told them to. I'd go for newer / higher mileage over older / lower mileage (assuming naturally aspirated). Don't buy a car with a CEL unless you've scanned it yourself and confirmed it's not one of the painful to solve electrical gremlins.

Edit: High pressure fuel pumps. The turbo engines had horrible failures, and it's an expensive job. Treat fueling issues as a do-never-buy.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 2, 2018

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

IRQ posted:

The new Civic design isn't bad, it's just... eccentric.

I'm a fan of it too. I don't get it, because a couple years ago car enthusiasts were complaining "everything looks like bloated identical pods, please make them interesting", and then Honda does this to the Civic and Toyota sticks the predator-mouth face on everything, and enthusiasts say "nooooo, not like that!".

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

babydonthurtme posted:

Yeah, I've been looking at pictures of interiors and I think what we want is bucket seats that don't have edges that are awkwardly shaped? Idk, the last time we rented a car, it was a neat little Mazda that drove great but had weirdly uncomfortable curves/molding on the seats.

Go sit in a Honda Civic, a Mazda 3, a VW Golf, a Toyota Prius, and a Chevy Cruze. They're all fine, and only you can decide which one is most comfortable. The Golf is probably the least reliable, but has a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty to make up for it vs the others all with only 3 years.

Edit: More specifics. The Prius is the most expensive, but has the lowest operating costs to make up for it. The Cruze probably has much lower real transaction prices than the Japanese options, which makes it cheaper up front and it's a fine car.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 10, 2018

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

I'm helping my sister with a truck search, targeting 3-7 years old.

Are Rams way worse, less reliable, or otherwise more expensive to own than the other options? For no obviously apparent reason, you can get used Ram 1500s much cheaper in any given condition than the F150 or Silverado equivalent. What's going on?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

IRQ posted:

I still can't figure out how they're getting these numbers. Driving on the surface of mars?

They're priced like you're taking them to the dealer to keep them like new, which is something that many people do for a car's first ~6 years.

Less so on beaters, and depending on mileage 2012 can certainly be a 120k+ mile beater by now.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Remulak posted:

Hello Brain Trust. Is this too good to be true? I didn't see a better thread.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/great-car-in-excellent/6623141707.html

This is just a low-effort scam, there is no physical car, he will be unable to meet in person but ship the car to you if you send him a bank check.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

MockingQuantum posted:

Things that I care about : good fuel efficiency, reliability. That's about it. I'd be in favor of a hybrid but it's not a must-have.

You probably want a 2011+ Prius or a Camry Hybrid, and for some reason if you can't find a good one locally expand your search to Honda Fits. If you must buy from a dealer, Carvana has a hell of a lot less markup than Carmax and similar.

Edit: 2010+ is where the 3rd gen of Priuses started, but they're known to have more issues and a 2010 model year is a pretty old car at this point. If your budget stretches up to it and you keep your cars forever, a 2016+ might be worth it.

Your 2005 Toyota is probably not dead yet and will go another 5+ years cheaply.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 25, 2018

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Anyone know what is up with the 2016 Mazda CX-9 and why its on this list of used cars not to buy from CR?

AFAICT, that is a lovely article with absolutely no explanation of anything, but that doesn't mean they didn't use good data in coming up with a poo poo article...

I was literally going to buy a 2016 CX-9 in a couple weeks and this is the first time I've read anything substantially negative about it. On the other hand, it's a pretty new vehicle so I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of reliability data out there yet either.

Powerful turbo Mazdas have frequently had reliability issues, and on top of that it's a pretty heavy vehicle (which also is inherently hard on cars).That's not a cheap car either way though, and given that it's competing with big Audis and the like I wouldn't be too scared.

Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander (or any minivan) would be a safer way to the same utility, but CX-9s are a hell of a lot nicer.

Edit: Ask any Mazdaspeed3 or Mazdaspeed6 owner about the "Zoom Zoom Boom".

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Hmm I think maybe I'll feel alright about potential first-year problems because the wife wants to get an extended warranty for peace of mind even though they don't make objective financial sense if you put aside the buying-peace-of-mind aspect.

I think we'll still get the CX-9 as its so much better than its competitors in the areas that matter most to us.

I would skip the warranty and just deal with repairs. Like I mentioned before, what else are you going to buy that's similar, an Audi Q7?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Kommienzuspadt posted:

So, I had a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport that I was pretty happy with, despite its soccer mom-ness, until it was totaled in a rear-end collision about 3 weeks ago. Help me buy a car guys!

So: Did you like your 2010 RAV4? You should be able to find a RAV4 in identical condition with the money that your insurance company gives you. If you can't, then then need to give you more money. Why not just replace it with the same thing if you're after cost efficiency?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Bibendum posted:

We recently bought a 2009 Mazda5, it works great for us with 2 kids and the grandparents. If we lived someplace with wide streets and big parking lots we would have found a 4-cylinder FWD Sienna but in town with people parking on both sides of already narrow streets and parking lots with only one empty spot between two badly parked cars it is great. Wish it had better safety ratings and was a bit quieter inside but no one sells that in a smallish car.

We had the same issue with the Pilot and Highlander, too big and too expensive. Back seats were not accessible if you have child seats in the middle row. Why can't we have station wagons with rear facing third row seats? I really miss my old 68 Fairlane wagon sometimes.

Wow, I didn't know a 4cyl Sienna existed!

quote:

Toyota expects EPA-estimated mileage figures of 19 mpg‑US (12.4 L/100 km) city / 24 mpg‑US (9.8 L/100 km) highway for models powered by the 4-cylinder engine

Hardly seems worth it, though.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

N. Senada posted:

I have the option of getting a leaf that is cheaper, newer, and fewer miles than a Prius. Is there a good reason to buy the Prius instead?

That Leaf had better be way cheaper. They're not comparable cars. A Prius can easily be your only vehicle, suitable for road trips and whatever long days you might potentially have. You can't depend on a Leaf being able to drive more than ~55 miles in a day as the battery ages with the user running climate control.

If you've either got a gas car around, or very rarely drive more than 50 miles in a day the Leaf would be a fine option.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

pig slut lisa posted:

Hmmm...this seems a little backward to me, like the $200 decision would end up driving the $20,000 decision and not the other way around. It seems like there are lots of lists online when you Google "recommended car seats for [make model]" that we could make use of.

I hadn't even thought about choosing between the dozens of possible car seat choices yet... :stonklol:

The problem is that all of the highly recommended rear facing car seats are enormous. If you're willing to spend $500 or $600 on a carseat, you can get a little less bulk. The nicer car-seats will have adjustable recline angle and you'll get some of that space back as your kid gets older, stronger, and is able to sit more upright while rear-facing comfortably.

You really should be keeping kids rear-facing until they are tall or over 45 lbs, so you're going to be dealing with a rear facing car seat for years and years to come.

I'm currently doing the rear-facing carseat dance in a Fiesta and a Focus, and we're going to try and make it work with two! Good thing my driving position has always been pretty forward anyway.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i have driven numerous kia souls and have never thought oh man this is a good handing car

I find my Mom's 2013 Soul fine to drive, and given that people are cross shopping it with other crossovers and SUVs, it drives great.

She thinks it's a sports car because she has driven minivans for years, and an 80s pickup before then.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

lord funk posted:

My 2004 BMW 325i is dead. Two shops say the engine needs replacing, because one of the pistons sucks in oil.

I do not want to buy a car, I just want to get as much money for this thing as I can. Considering its condition, what are my options? I genuinely have no experience with this, as this was my first car.

Sell it to whichever of the two shops offers more, or a junkyard.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

SciFiDownBeat posted:

As a refresher, I'm looking for a used Toyota or Honda sedan with sub 50k mileage.

You and everybody else. There will not be any outstanding deals on those cars. If you want a great deal, widen your search.

If you go to a dealer, bring your own financing and you'll be fine.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

I would really love a hand with my family's somewhat weird vehicle preferences.

Proposed Budget: ~$28k taxed in a high-tax state, willing to do federal tax credits
New or Used: New
Body Style: Anything large enough to fit 2 6' tall adults in front of 2 rear facing baby seats. Prefer hatch on the back.
How will you be using the car?: City commuter. 1.5-2 hours a day of hellish, bumper to bumper traffic. Must be easy to handle in extremely tight parking garages, and ideally fit in compact parking spots.
What aspects are most important to you? : Fitting multiple rear-facing baby seats with tall adults in front. Top Safety Pick Plus preferred. Good radar cruise control that can operate in stop & go. Auto emergency braking, good visibility. Plug-in hybrid strongly preferred. Willing to pay a price premium for city fuel efficiency, unless it would be vastly cheaper to just get the gas version of a car.

We have looked at:
Rav4 Hybrid - Does not fit a 6' adult in passenger seat in front of rear-facing baby seat. What the hell.
Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid - We both really like this. It's cheap, and has a $4500 tax credit, and has tons of passenger space for how short it is length-wise. This seems ideal, but it's a weird rare car with a hybrid system that works unlike anything else. They're running the electric motor through a DSG.
Honda Accord Hybrid - Fits baby seats well, spacious.
Prius - Doesn't pass baby seat test.
Honda Insight - Somehow fits baby seats + us like a glove, lighter weight than other options. Liked this on test drive.
Camry Hybrid - Why is this so expensive? No tax credit, fits us well.
Honda Clarity - This is the perfect car on paper for us. There is no dealer inventory within 300 miles. Have not been able to test drive.

What else should we be looking at? Is there anything glaringly wrong with the cars that we've liked that rules out buying them?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

shovelbum posted:

Consider the cargo area required by 2 kids young enough to be in rear facers before buying a sedan

We rarely take strollers in cars, if we're going to use a stroller we're almost always leaving the house on foot. We usually carpool, but the kids are going to be in different daycares for a bit so I'll be dropping off kid 1, kid 2, then my wife, then driving to work every day and doing the whole thing in reverse on the way back. We haven't ever really road tripped, and tend to fly if we're going somewhere. We are talking about this issue, especially because the Kia Niro has very little cargo area, but I'll make sure we think long and hard about it.

Edit: Looks like the Pacifica Hybrid has $3k of incentive here, that might squeeze into the budget. Will go drive that as well. I should also mention that our existing carpool commute with 1 kid is being done daily in a 999cc Fiesta, so most of these feel huge in comparison.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 8, 2019

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

I've been emailing dealers all day trying to get a feel for pricing on the cars I'm looking at after test driving, and I'm seeing a strange pattern:

A good number of plug-in hybrids are being sold used with less than 1000 miles on them. A dealer in Atlanta has a used 2019 Niro plug-in that has less than 80 miles on it. Are people running some tax scam? In what situation does someone buy a car and trade it in before using the first tank of gas?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

skipdogg posted:

If the car has been titled it can't be sold as a brand new car. Could be a loaner or demo vehicle, could be a few things. 80 miles on a used car is odd though. Almost like someones financing didn't go through and they had to bring it back.

I'm of the opinion that emailing dealers is a waste of time. The various websites out there (edmunds, truecar, cargurus) should give you ballpark pricing, and a fairly accurate idea of inventory. I've always had the best luck buying cars in person. I walk if they start playing dumb games though. I offer a fair price for the car, and they take it or leave it.

These specific cars have $4500 to $7500 of federal tax credit on them, if you have a "credit fail" and return it you still get to claim the tax credit.

I honestly wonder if someone cynical is buying them, immediately reselling them for $3k less, and coming out slightly ahead on the tax credit. This also means that the used cars are an awful, awful deal that cost more than new unless they are cheaper by at least the tax credit amount, which they are not.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Temiko posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll first try to find a non-rental 2017+ RAV4 or similar CR-V.

I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread so what is the general consensus on the Kia Niro?

I'm trying to find a plug-in hybrid Niro to buy, and they're extremely rare. I find them to have plenty of usable passenger space inside and liked it the most of all of the cars I've cross shopped it against. Reliability is a big question mark because their hybrid system works unlike anyone else's, they're running an electric motor through a 6-speed DCT instead of using a CVT. Maintenance schedule looks a bit intense for a new car, and not the type of stuff that high-volume cheap garages are used to. Clutch fluid changes every 2 years, there's multiple independent cooling systems for engine and inverter, there's an air intake on the side of the rear seat to cool the battery.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

What's the break-in schedule for a Giulia Quadrifoglio? I'm guessing oil change at first tank of gas and then at 1000 miles a week long unscheduled repair visit? https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Vehicles are not this pure utilitarian good where you just add up the interior cubic footage, subtract dollars per horsepower, divide by number of gears, and voila, you've figured out what you should buy.

Clearly the HHR SS was designed by this formula: https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/chevy-hhr-ss-was-cool-and-forgotten-hot-hatchback-257150

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

taiyoko posted:

Sorry, had to get home to my paperwork to get the actual numbers.

Web listed price: $8500
Reconditioning fee: 1123.76
Dealer service fee: $899

Georgia 7% one-time ad valorum tax: $610.91
Title fee: $18
Electronic titling: $199
License fee: $20

Total: $11370.67

Discount: ($869.67)

Basically, we knew we were gonna need to pay tax/title stuff, we just weren't expecting $2k in fees on top of the list price beyond that.

The recon fee and dealer service fee were where their markup was.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

"One low price" has come to mean "home of the thousand dollar doc fee".

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Beo posted:

So I have spent most of the day looking at crossovers and I really like the 2017 or 2018 Mazda cx-5 but I also kind of like the idea of the Kia Niro. Both are in my price range for sure and have a lot of neat features I just can't decide which one I like best.

If you can get by with the Niro, ~50mpg is really cool for family haulers.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Beo posted:

It's just me so no family hauling is necessary, I think it's going to come down to MPG + cooled seats vs potentially AWD+ HUD and 10 more feet of cargo space without putting the seats down. Supposedly the Mazda is more fun to drive as well so that might be a factor though I have a 99 ford explorer at the moment so I'm sure both will feel like a dream. I haven't test drived yet because I live in the middle of nowhere and I am planning a trip 2 hours away to hit all the cars I like up for a test drive.

Since I live in the middle of nowhere I will likely have the car serviced at the same time I visit my brother in northwest arkansas (~3 hours away) this makes the niro seem more economical from a pure MPG standpoint.

Oh. Test drive them before you decide what you like. How you fit in the car physically is a big deal.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I currently drive a 2008 Chrysler 300C Hemi. I think it's a pretty good mix of looks, performance, and comfort. I wish there was more headroom and a less massive rear blind spot, but otherwise I like it. Is this car literally the only semi-luxury large sedan from any domestic car company? I'm casually looking around for something similar to my 300, but I don't really want a BMW or an Infiniti.

There's big Cadillac sedans with tons of cash on the hood, have you looked at those? If the CTS is big enough for you, those can be had cheap for the class. You could also just buy a 12 year newer Chrysler 300.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Thermos posted:

Under 20 grand CDN. Been looking at Honda, Mazda, Hyundai, etc but it seems like an "Ask 10 people, get 11 different answers" scenario. My Yaris treated me well so I figured I'd get another one unless there's a huge reason not to, or if the Corolla would be a much better buy for the money.

What's Korean pricing like there? The Kia Forte looks pretty great now, and could be cheaper. I'd encourage you to drive at least 2 other cars before you just buy a Toyota, especially if you're going to keep it another 15 years.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

HondaCivet posted:

Update on Fiat guy: He did end up buying the Corolla. The loan isn't great because of his bad credit, and it's more car than he ideally should have bought, but he is happy to have a decent car that isn't mega old and he's accepting of how the payment plan worked out even if it sucks. I'm glad he has a (hopefully) reliable non-beater non-Fiat that should last until his credit and savings are a bit better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's heartbreaking to me that "more car than he should have bought" is a 9 year old Corolla.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

chupacabron posted:

At this point I'm basically cross shopping two new cars, a Civic Sport hatchback and a CX-5 Sport. I checked out carcomplaints/reviews and my usual spots, but do any of you wizards know of any problems either has in the current generation?

I've read a bit about Honda's 1.5T engine having some gasoline dilution issues, but that seems to only happen when people make a lot of short trips, and the Mazda I can't find anything wrong with, aside from it being crossover.

Also, why not use truecar or Costco to get an initial quote, then use that as a negotiation point and see if the dealer will do better?

If you're going to own these engines past 100k miles, then naturally aspirated is likely to age better. Buy what you want though, neither of those are likely to be particularly expensive to own.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

I have heard of no issues with the Pacifica. It seems to be a pretty solid product. Chrysler seems to have done their homework in designing it.

Here's the Edmunds TCO pages on the Pacifica Hybrid vs. the Sienna (based on 2017 MY). Repairs + maintenance estimate is about the same for the two. Over five years, the Chrysler saves $9,000 on fuel, though.

Pacifica TCO page
Sienna TCO page

That's the non-Hybrid sienna, right? The current Sienna is rated at 36MPG vs the Pacifica PHEV's 30MPG. I know that PHEV will help a lot too, but the Pacifica is among the less efficient EVs out there so you're using more electricity also.

I'm also really skeptical of those TCO measurements in general. I've been seeing ads of VW bragging about how the TCO measurements say it's cheaper to maintain & repair a VAG car in the long run over Toyota, and I feel like there must be something big I'm missing.

We're looking for a minivan too, and it's basically between the Sienna and the Pacifica Hybrid. I don't even know if they sell the Pacifica Hybrid in my state, our current primary car is a Kia Niro PHEV and it has never been sold in Tennessee, we had to drive to Georgia to get it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

Yes, it's the non-hybrid. I chose the 2017 MY to compare the costs out of warranty. The point is that the Chrysler is not very different from the Toyota in R&M costs. It is not expected that it will cost two or three times as much.

If you don't like those data, you're welcome to chase down something else that will tell you what you want to hear.

No, it's a valuable data point, and my own personal biases are likely incorrect and I shouldn't assume that Toyotas are cheaper to own than Chryslers. I just wish that there were an option with a longer warranty, like the Kia / Hyundai 10 year / 100k. I'm pretty skeptical of PHEV drivetrain reliability in the long run, because the gas engine gets regularly started up and run hard from completely cold, and there's a whole other set of complexity with the transmission. I don't know if the Pacifica PHEV has a Toyota-style power-split device, those seem pretty reliable and would make me feel better about it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

KillHour posted:

The problem is "looks cool" is subjective. I think this looks cool. Do you?

What about this?

Or this

Maybe you think some or all of those are cool. Or maybe they're too "boy racer." In that case, how about this:

Every one of those cars are "cool" cars, in that there are tons of people who think they are cool. What do you think is cool? Start by telling us which of those cars are "cool" to you and why.

Every single one of these cars looks cool, except the Challenger and especially the Lexus.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Hadlock posted:

How does Nissan keep making garbage cars but manages to stay in business

Their mass-market mediocre crossover is packing a variable-compression engine cranking out 134 hp/liter, that's pretty cool and would have blown my mind a decade ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

drowningidiot posted:

That was kind of the answer I was expecting but was hoping not to get. I couldn’t have picked a worse possible time to wreck my vehicle goddamnit.

If you had the budget to pay cash for this one, it could be a better deal to buy an 8 year newer 2022 Civic new for $10k more, with new car incentive financing? You'd get a bigger, better, more efficient car too. With brand new tires.