Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Proposed Budget: 15k less
New or Used: used
Body Style: sedan v6 or turbo?
How will you be using the car?: way less than 12k annual easy business commuting. I think my office is three miles away. The courthouse is ten.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos? No. I don't listen the radio and I can roll a window down.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, cost certainty. I don't care about mpg. I want to go fast, fastly

I want to reiterate: I want to go fast.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah sedan because of baby car seat.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nm posted:

As mentioned, CTS-Vs are awesome, but the diffs break in the 1st gen.

Your going to have to translate diffs break.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I think you'll find that they're $180,000 a dozen. :colbert:

Do you care about safety?

No, I do not care.

Baby only rides in this car maybe 20 days a year.

Other car is family car, but in an emergency this car needs to be able to transport everyone.

Is a chrysler 200 a total poo poo wagon? It comes in v6.
-----

Sts in my market is over 20k

What about the impala?

euphronius fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 3, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You guys own thank you,

I don't mind boaty.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 3, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Following up I found a dealer with a 2012 avenger with the 3.6l v6 with low miles that looks nice. Any thing I should be on the look out for. 28k miles listed for 16k. I suppose I could talk them down to 14k or so.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh well I bought it. Not at 16 k. Under 14.

Oh well NM.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it was plenty fast enough.

I didn't see any cts vs in my price range anyway. Same with anything Japanese or Korean.

I saw a decent 300 but I did not like the look. The nearest g8 gt was 400 miles away.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 5, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You never pay sticker.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Proposed Budget: 20K

New or Used: Does not matter

Body Style: 2-4 door

How will you be using the car?:Super long commute. 180 miles a day - 99% highway. Would like close to or over 40 mpg.

What aspects are most important to you? MPG. I am 6'2" so I need to fit in it.

Starting new job in July. Going from 5 mile day commute to 180. Will have to sell my current car (20 mpg.)

I will learn to drive standard if needed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What would be a worrisome amount of mileage on a used Prius.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you kidding. Those are tons of miles!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Jesus christ. Have you considered renting a room near your job?

Nah I'd miss my kids too much.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Go on autotrader, select "Over 200,000 miles" and you'll see lots of vehicles in excellent shape. If you're going to be putting 180 miles per day on a car, you want to do it to a car that's already high mileage. You could also just buy a new economy car and drive the poo poo out of it, my Boss's 6 year old Lexus has 190k miles.

What do you mean by "new economy car".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you that makes sense.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

If you're working 8 hour days, and also driving for three+ hours every day on your incredible commute, you're gonna miss your kids a lot. Also, dinner.

One thing I will say to add to what the other guys said: make sure whatever car you get is super comfortable for you to sit in.

Ill be home by 6:30. It may be bad, but it's worth a shot. We can move closer if we need to eventually.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Proposed Budget: 20K-40K

New or Used: Don't care

Body Style: wagon or suv - must be able to seat 6.

How will you be using the car?: daily family use, daily commute (less than 10 miles), long family trips.

What aspects are most important to you? Must seat 6, must have AWD or 4wd (which means no minivans I think), bluetooth, rooffrack. MPG not important. Cannot be a ford flex.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wife. She does not like the way the Flex looks.

It is just accidental we have car needs at same time. (And stressful.)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nm posted:

Your wife is blind.

I am taking her to dealership to make he actually sit in it because it is cavernous inside.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was talking to a dealer about them and he said they have been hard to move because people usually opt for the Explorer or Edge over the flex once they get on the lot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

AWD requirement is a big constraint - what do you need it for?

My wife had a really bad winter driving.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

99% ready to buy a 2016 Kia Sorento for wife. Any red flags on that car. I guess it is way too knew to know anything about.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Old Man Pants posted:

Holy loving poo poo, are you the judge at a dicksucking competition or making 10 figures or something? There is almost no job in the world I'd spend 20 hours a week driving to.

Its 15 hours at worst and eventually will be less.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nm posted:

It is ugly. Hth.

Edit: did you buy a prius yet?

When I was at the dealer someone was trading in a 220,000 Gen 2 Prius!!!

But the insurance company wanted to total it rather than repair some body damage. So it's dead. So sad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm no car expert but I've driven lots of outbacks and they don't feel anything like a v6.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's probably a speaker?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How tall are you. Those are very small cars.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks for snow tire chat. I'm going to get a set.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those seem like very reasonable prices.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What engine does it have.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IMHO the V6 pentastar would be fine for the Durango with better mpg.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Back up cameras are a little different imho because they provide information that you could not have without them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Kia Sorrento has a third row available as well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just shopped for a third row seater family car like you and I don't think Manuel is ever available.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You need trunk space for groceries and strollers and pack and plays and luggage. Strollers are huge. Also if you want anyone to be able to sit in the front passenger seat the car has to be decently sized. If you have two car seats even more so.

Crossovers (modern station wagons) are ideal imho.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Highlander too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Strollers with large wheels and canopies are useful for a variety of things and are obviously large.

Car seats are only big when they are really young and have to be backwards facing. But if your having two kids that's like 3 + years of time.

If your having kids hahah an extra 10k is minuscule to what is coming out of your pocket for them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They aren't unwieldy and are much easier to handle due to the larger wheels. The larger canopy is more protection against the sun and weather.

Basically if you use it outside its better. If you want to jog you need huge wheels.

IMHO.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I doubt you can get a 2013 journey for under 15000

V6 I should say. Don't get a 4 cyl.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I've been driving the 16 impala a lot it's very nice. I would not write it off.

It's ENOURMOUS.