Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Budget: 3k
Body type: midsize/SUV/light pickup
Use: commuting, probably some hauling of lumber or whatever
Important considerations: good clearance, snow reliability, easy maintenance

I’m about to move across the country to the cape breton highlands for work. My 07 legacy just blew a cylinder and has given me enough reason to let it go after many happy years of ownership. I need something reliable that can handle driving in very snowy conditions frequently. I’ll need 2 vehicles eventually but this one will just be a beater as was planned for the legacy before its demise.

I was looking at used rangers because I hear they are very reliable and could easily handle the weather of where I am moving but I would love other recommendations. I may just get the non-beater before I go and drive that down as it seems a bit more straightforward given I have less than a week to figure this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU