Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Proposed Budget: under $25000
New or Used: New, preferably
Body Style: Hatchback
How will you be using the car?: Driving a few miles to/from work and the store. A few 2-3hr road trips a year, with one larger ~8hr trip.
What aspects are most important to you?: Automatic transmission, Bluetooth, decent mileage. Something that isn't complete poo poo in snow, since half the streets in my Midwestern town aren't plowed.

I've got a 2005 Focus to trade in, which the internet tells me I should get ~$2k for. I'd like to swing payments under $300/mo, and could put up to $7k down, though I'd prefer a little less than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Boxman posted:

The Mazda 3 is a go-to recommendation in this class. Your list of wants is a little light (I think every non-hot hatch on the market ticks the first three boxes, and I doubt any of them are all that impressive in the snow due to their size), but the 3 is a fun car to drive. The Focus is also popular, but by all accounts their touch interface is actually a reason to not get a well-equipped version. That's not a problem if you don't want the tech package though!

The 3 also just got a refresh, which sorta matters from an aesthetic standpoint; a 2014 will look like newly sold 3s for a while, so it'll continue to look "new." Assuming you don't send it around a pole, of course.

My friend just recently bought a new Mazda 3 with a stupid amount of extras, but he's been very happy with it. I'd been sort of looking at the Subaru Impreza the past couple days, but I'll look into the Mazda as well. Especially since the nearest Imprezas I like are 2+ hours away, and there's a nice Mazda 3 right here in my town. Thanks!