Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Plague
Oct 31, 2009

I WENT TO E3 TO FIND MY DREAM JOB IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

WOMEN WHO WON'T FUCK ME WHEN I DO NICE THINGS FOR THEM ARE CUNTS.

I AM A PATHETIC WASTE OF OXYGEN.
Sell me on buying a Honda Civic versus a Toyota Corolla. I just need to buy a daily driver that's a few years old so I don't take the hit on depreciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Plague
Oct 31, 2009

I WENT TO E3 TO FIND MY DREAM JOB IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

WOMEN WHO WON'T FUCK ME WHEN I DO NICE THINGS FOR THEM ARE CUNTS.

I AM A PATHETIC WASTE OF OXYGEN.

Leperflesh posted:

If you're trying to not take the hit on depreciation, those might be the two worst possible cars you could pick. Because they are perceived by the market as being the worlds' most reliable economy cars, a good example less than five years old will be very expensive compared to equivalent cars from other manufacturers.

On the other hand, they're excellent cars, so it's not like you'd be making a terrible decision! You're just going to get less car for the same amount of money; either higher miles, or worse condition, due to that market perception.

Generally, it's smart to buy a car that is a few years old to avoid the depreciation hit compared to buying a brand new car. The civic, corolla, and I guess also camry and accord, are among the very few cars that are probably worth buying new instead, since you save so little on them buying lightly-used.

Throatwarbler posted:

Don't know if you are referring to the TSX but even a Sportwagon with every single option is nowhere near $40k.

Considering it's the final year of that model and they are going to be discounting them to make room for the new TLX.

Don't buy either. Buy something that actually depreciates?

Twerk from Home posted:

If you want to buy a car that doesn't take a hit on depreciation, but a new Honda Fit or something like that. Both of the cars you listed depreciate incredibly slow, making used ones a bad deal comparatively.

Do you want a cheap to own midsize vehicle that's extremely reliable, and don't give a poo poo about driving experience? Find a nice used Prius.

This is both good advice, but I have my heart set on a Civic or a Corolla, because they're such good cars.

How old should I get the car, recognizing I won't save much.