Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Proposed Budget: $40,000-$60,000 (AUD - we live in Australia)
New or Used: New
Body Style: 4 door sedan or posibly hatch. Definitely needs to be roomy enough to comfortably seat 4 adults
How will you be using the car? This will be our new primary car (but we will be keeping our old car as a 2nd one - a 2003 Toyota Corolla Wagon which will remain our dog transporter). Mostly used for short trips and on the weekend, as my wife and I take public transit to work.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos? Gizmos are definitely nice, but aren't required. However, standard of living things are definitely desired. To clarify, something like heated seat warmers or fancy clocks that tell the time in 3 countries not so much, but reverse cam, built in sat nav, and automatic breaking are nice.
What aspects are most important to you? 1. Safety - We are upgrading as we are about to have our first child 2. Reliability - We want to make sure that we won't be breaking down every other month 3. Running Costs - We all know that cars eventually need repairs, I don't want to have to pay $1500 to replace a spark plug because they need to order the part from Belgium.

PotatoManJack fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Proposed Budget: $40,000-$60,000 (AUD - we live in Australia)
New or Used: New
Body Style: 4 door sedan or posibly hatch. Definitely needs to be roomy enough to comfortably seat 4 adults
How will you be using the car? This will be our new primary car (but we will be keeping our old car as a 2nd one - a 2003 Toyota Corolla Wagon which will remain our dog transporter). Mostly used for short trips and on the weekend, as my wife and I take public transit to work.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos? Gizmos are definitely nice, but aren't required. However, standard of living things are definitely desired. To clarify, something like heated seat warmers or fancy clocks that tell the time in 3 countries not so much, but reverse cam, built in sat nav, and automatic breaking are nice.
What aspects are most important to you? 1. Safety - We are upgrading as we are about to have our first child 2. Reliability - We want to make sure that we won't be breaking down every other month 3. Running Costs - We all know that cars eventually need repairs, I don't want to have to pay $1500 to replace a spark plug because they need to order the part from Belgium.

Reposting this as I think it got lost on the last page - would love some advice