Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

I have a bit of a different question for you guys. I recently rebuilt a SBC 350 with the intent of putting it into an S10, but I've fallen out of love with the idea and also bought a new truck so I'm leaning more towards building a car. I want it to be street legal and weld in a cage to take it to the loacl track that just opened up.

The 350 makes around 400 - 450 HP, haven't got it dyno'd but when I rebuilt it I did a 30 over bore, new cam/crank, vortec piston heads, aluminum performance heads and I rebuilt the original quadrajet carb.

So I'm just looking for ideas and recommendations. I was thinking I'll probably go for an 80's Camaro but I like the 351 Windsor Mercury Comet swaps you see from time to time. I'd like to do a swap that won't require huge modifications, something fairly easy that'll make an insane car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

nm posted:

This is probably a mit more AI.
That said, the answer is a volvo 240 wagon. A reasonable well documented, apparently fairly easy, and completely awesome swap for great sleeper.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1988-Volvo-240-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ519688109

That would be pretty awesome. I'd like to keep the car looking beat up too, and this guy only wants 550 for his 88 beater Volvo Wagon.