Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nomyth posted:

Proposed Budget: The big boy job I got last year is starting to give me the (over)confidence I need to look at sporty and/or legitimately hot cars and destroying their warranties with a tune as soon as I'm tempted. 80k salary with no rent to pay for the next 2 years but Timetable for when I can actually afford the car is fluctuating because I am also spending used car prices on my gun hobby insanity and gacha games that I never should have let myself into

New or Used: Absolutely new. I will not settle for less than a '22 BRZ, or a FoRS, or whatever the heck Toyota is going to try and spit out as a GR Corolla next year. Miata RF with the top never down is also a consideration. gently caress the sun

Alternative northern Continental US weather/SHTF hellscape option: Outback Wilderness trim or other safari'd dumb thing that isn't a Porsche. (I'm not very good at planning trips to be during good weather) I don't have feelings one way or another about electrics. gently caress Elon and the earth TBH

How will you be using the car?: I want an autocrossing/tracking (maybe dirt tracking if the safari option) daily driver do-it-all as my only car and and definitely not what I have right now.

What aspects are most important to you? For insurance purposes, I'm a 33 and a guy and my skill at driving is probably middling at best. I can't drive stick because I never hung out with the cool kids. I've changed spare tires before, but I've never bothered to spend the effort to change my own oil on my non-hot '14 Fiesta, so I'd rather not have to have myself wrench on this new car. I'm most likely going to need one of those newfangled auto-stopping sensor system thingies to compensate for my inattentive jackassery. But enough self-deprecation, I want a light AF car that I can toss hard

So as you can tell, this isn't really a practical decision for me even though I might want to be more serious about it. But hey, ask me about how I chose the Chrysler TC by Maserati as my first car, that I had to get towed and repaired just to get off the lot. I need to live out the boy racer fantasy that I was previously too young/depressed/poor/busy to have, please indulge my perpetual mid-life crisis with a decision on one of the cars above or any similarly-classed cars
u seem cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nomyth posted:

Should I go wrap an auto mustang around a tree instead so that you'll all feel less bad about how a low quality human destroyed a car you like less

really depressed now about myself, this is the other side of me speaking
So was the post everyone is ragging on you for a product of a manic episode? It really does seem like it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
puh-puh-puh-prius

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shine posted:

The Prius is a ubiquitous car now, and any remaining douchiness it had has been swallowed up by Teslas.
Confirmed:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the toyota prius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

I had 4 days to sell my old car and buy a new one so didn't do my due diligence and test drive before, I was just going off reviews and whatnot where it's like SUV SUV small SUV... I thought I was getting something with some extra room.
I'm not a very knowledgeable car guy but even I know that the first rule of buying a car is to always test drive