Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
Giving my current car, 2011 Camry, to my sister. Looking for an upgrade.

Proposed Budget: Flexible. 20k - 60k
New or Used: New? Maybe slightly used if it's a large price difference.
Body Style: 4 door sedan with decent leg/head room. Enough space to haul some furniture when necessary and fit 4/5 comfortably.
How will you be using the car?: Never been much of a car person, having drove basic toyota/honda/ford all my life. But I enjoy driving decently long trips some weekends, ~100-200 miles.
40 mile commute 1 day a week. 2 mile commute or carpool otherwise.
What aspects are most important to you?
1. Noise. The main reason I'm looking for an upgrade. The camry is just loud as hell on the highway compared to other car's I've been in like the bmw x5 and even the hybrid ford fusion.
2. Comfort. Those cars also have a lot nicer suspension which is great. Don't care much for other stuff like leather seats though, although they're probably easier to clean.
3. Leg/head space. Compact sedan like corolla/prius are way too small.
4. Sound system? Connected with #1.

What I've considered:
Lexus GS - Pretty comfortable, still small. LS is larger and incredibly quiet, but expensive.
Ford Fusion Hybrid - Small-ish, good price but not as comfortable. Seems to have a high center of gravity making sharper turns feel scary. Bad experiences with a Ford in the past always breaking down. Maybe it's better now.
Comedy option Tesla - Expensive and somewhat uncomfortable head space, need electric outlet. Currently living in a condo, don't want to argue with HoA about why installing an electric plug is a good idea.

Looking for advice because I'm uncomfortable buying something expensive with limited knowledge (considering how much I sweat the details when buying relatively trivial stuff like a computer monitor or mouse).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

IRQ posted:

Toyota Avalon or the Lexus equivalent should be up your alley.

Throatwarbler posted:

Lexus ES/ Toyota Avalon or Chevy Impala/Cadillac XTS.

Thanks, I'll try the avalon and es.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
I bought a car 5 months ago from a dealership and they convinced me to tack on 10k+ worth of extended warranty and maint plans (dumb i know). I asked them to cancel the day after purchase and the finance manager at the time agreed, saying it will take more than a month to reflect on my balance.

I asked again a month later if it has been cancelled, as my loan balance has not changed. Turns out that finance manager already left.

I asked their new finance manager to cancel for me, and he said he did, and gave me a couple papers to sign. A couple months after that, I followed up again and they said they don't know what happened.

Some back and forth until today and 2 more financer manager later, it still hasn't been cancelled.

Other than some bad reviews, is there anything I can do at this point? Would a lawyer be worth it? I have a good paper/email trail, but some of it was in-person conversations.

MeruFM fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 24, 2021