Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So, I just finished college and now that I have a job that requires a regular commute it's time to replace my old car. I don't really know too much about cars (yet) so bear with me if I overlook anything.

Proposed Budget: $5000-$8000

New or Used: Used

Body Style: Pretty much any style sedan is fine, I don't haul a lot of things or people so I don't need anything bigger.

How will you be using the car?: Since I live in the typical suburban hell I'll mostly be using it to commute to work/friends' houses/etc. and general errand-running.

What aspects are most important to you? Cost/economy and reliability are the most important to me. I don't really care about appearance and I'm not a gearhead so I probably won't do much tinkering with it (though I am planning on brushing up on basic repairs and maintenance work), I just want something that will last me a few years without bleeding me dry from repair costs and poor gas mileage or stop working at inopportune times.

Also, I live in Florida so I've never even seen snow much less needed to worry about driving in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU