Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Proposed Budget: < $30000
New or Used: New
Body Style: 4 door
How will you be using the car?: Shopping 2-3 times a week in urban areas with family (wife and baby). Occasional highway 1-2 hr trips. Occasional trips to ski slopes (mountain, icy/snowy roads).
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, mileage, and comfort. My wife gets carsick easy, so a smooth ride is preferable. I'm tall so having enough leg room in the driver seat would be good.

I use ZipCar at the moment and the Honda Civics tend to work well, but they feel a big cramped in terms of leg room. Parents have a Camry which is pretty comfortable, but has so-so mileage. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to cars, so I'm looking for more informed opinions.

Also, I'm not particularly set on buying new. Mainly, I'm leaning towards new because I would know the history, have a nice warranty, and possibly be able to get some convenient gadgets in the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Weinertron posted:

Have you driven a Prius? You sould like exactly the kind of customer who wants a Prius, especially if you worry that a Camry has mediocre mileage.

I think I may have a few years back before ZipCar started using the Civics in my area. If I remember, it ran into the leg-space problem. I'll defiantly look into a Prius though.